Nyack College Arts and Sciences News
2010-2011 Arts & Sciences Faculty Retreat - Part 2
January 13, 2011
Theme: Lessons from the Early Church Centuries
Aim: The aim of the 2011 Arts and Sciences retreat is to 1) provide space for fellowship among the Arts and Sciences Faculty and 2) to explore the world of early Christianity and reflect on what
it offers Christian scholars today.
Purpose: To help us to more intentionally build community among the Arts and Sciences faculty and more deeply reflect on the ministry of teaching and its unique incarnation at Nyack College.
Speaker: Rev. John Behr, D.Phil. in Theology, Oxford University. Rev. Behr is Dean and Professor of Patristics at St. Vladimir’s Orthodox Theological Seminary.
Text: Melito of Sardis, On Pascha (Crestwood: St. Vladimir's Seminary Press, 2000).
Place: Stony Point Center, Stony Point, NY - www.stonypointcenter.org
- Dr. Lux publishes essay in volume on Luther
- Dr. Poston publishes review
- A&S well represented in Class Act
- Dr. Poston contributes in Handbook of Religion
- Dr. Danaher publishes essay in Oneing
- Dr. Yu examines churches during WWI
- Dr. Poston reviews book on "The American Muhammed"
- Dr. Parker-Ames publishes research article
- Dr. Kaluka publishes paper in PNAS
- "Forgive Us" Book Event & Panel Discussion
- Prof. McDuffie Publishes Poem
- Dr. Park leads fish survey for BioBlitz at the NY Botanical Gardens
- Student Success Serves Spring Valley Community
- Communications Senior Contributes to NyackNewsAndViews
- Dr. Washington Publishes Case Study
- Browse Blog Archive>>