Nyack College Arts and Sciences News
Dr. Charles Awasu Returns from Sabbatical Engaging in Research, Seminars and Consultation
Dr. Charles Awasu, Ph.D., Professor of Sociology and Chair of the Department of Sociology and Criminal Justice, spent the greater portion of his sabbatical on the campus of Central University College, a liberal arts college in Accra, Ghana. He assisted the academic division in designing programs on faith-learning integration and liberal arts education.
While at Central University, Dr. Awasu presented two open seminars entitled, “An Evaluation of Neo-Liberal Policies in Sub-Saharan Africa” and “Food Security and Economic Development in Ghana.” He also engaged in research toward the completion of his upcoming book, Economic and Political Liberalization in Ghana as well as an article, “Christianity and Democracy in Ghana.”
- Dr. Arzola publishes anthology
- Alpha Chi Honor Society Rockland Chapter inducts 21 new members
- Dr. Lux publishes article on narrative theory
- Dr. Dueck publishes on religious exclusivism & diversity
- The Fine Print is Released!
- Dr. Arzola Lectures at Nyack Public Library for Poetry Month
- Dr. Romaine publishes essay in ArtWay
- Dr. Park lectures at Battery Park City Parks Conservancy
- Dr. Washington & Dr. Park Recognized as NAE Fellows
- Social Work partners with alternative-to-incarceration youth program
- Dr. Balmaceda leads discussion on mothers in prison
- Dr. Huster initiates Physics of Waves & Sound
- Dr. Arzola lectures on Pablo Neruda
- Social Work hosts "The New Jim Crow" discussion
- Dr. Danaher publishes "The Second Truth"
- Browse Blog Archive>>