Nyack College Arts and Sciences News
Dr. Mayra Lopez-Humphreys Completes Doctoral Studies and Presents Paper at the Society for Social Work Research
During her sabbatical Dr. Mayra Lopez-Humphreys, Ph.D., completed her doctoral studies at The CUNY Graduate Center, Social Welfare program. She successfully defended her dissertation entitled, “Intergroup Dialogue: An Evaluation of a Pedagogical Model for Teaching Cultural Competence within a Framework of Social Justice in Social Work Programs.”
In January 2011, Dr. Lopez-Humphreys co-presented at the Society for Social Work Research (SSWR) on the role of sex in perceptions of discrimination among Dominican immigrant women.
For more information: http://www.sswr.org.
She has also led the development and implementation of a community sustainable kitchen which offers affordable, healthy meals from locally grown food produce, while also facilitating the social benefits of preparing and sharing group meals.
- Prof. McDuffie Publishes Poem
- Dr. Park leads fish survey for BioBlitz at the NY Botanical Gardens
- Student Success Serves Spring Valley Community
- Communications Senior Contributes to NyackNewsAndViews
- Dr. Washington Publishes Case Study
- Arts & Sciences Welcomes and Celebrates Student Success
- Arts & Sciences Participate in Faculty Retreat
- Dr. Yu Receives Columbia University Grant
- Adjunct D'Agusto continues art exhibitions success
- Dr. Yu Honored by Wheaton's Institute of American Evangelicals
- Nyack to Partner with Yale's Center for Scientific Teaching
- Dr. Poston Reviews Book on Second Chinese Enlightenment
- Dr. Romaine Co-edits Art History Text
- Dr. Lux presents at American University in Paris
- 2014 Arts & Sciences Faculty Retreat Announced
- Browse Blog Archive>>