Nyack College Arts and Sciences News
Dr. Sharron Greaves Presents Three Papers at Major Race, African and African-American Conferences
Dr. Sharron Greaves, Ph.D., Associate Professor of Communications and Chair of the Department of Communications, presents three papers at major race, African and African-American Conferences.
In September 2010, Dr. Greaves spoke at Temple University's Africana Woman Conference, presenting her paper “Black Broadway Today: Twenty-First Century Images of the Black Woman on the White Way.”
For more Information: http://www.africanawomanconference.org/index.html
She also spoke at Monmouth University's Examining Race in the 21st Century: Second Biennial Interdisciplinary Conference on Race in November 2010. Her paper was entitled "Nollywood and President Obama: Two Examples of the 21st Century's Constructive Rewriting of the Black Screen Image."
For more information: http://www.monmouth.edu/conference_on_race/default.asp
Dr. Greaves also had the great honor of presenting “Images of the ‘Green’ Blacks: Utilizing Nigerian Film to Interrogate the Reciprocal Relationship Between Black Persons and the Earth," at the Graduate Center of the City University of New York in January 2011. This was part of the renown Schomburg Center for Research in Black Culture and the Institute for Research on the African Diaspora in the Americas and the Caribbean's State of African American and African Diaspora Studies: Methodology, Pedagogy, and Research Conference.
- Dr. Poston and Pamela Code explore death, religion and science
- Dr. Pinkham delivers paper and publishes review
- Dr. Greaves explores Hip Hop culture in Diaspora
- Student Success adjunct selected for writing Best Teen Book
- Dr. Lux publishes essay in volume on Luther
- Dr. Poston publishes review
- A&S well represented in Class Act
- Dr. Poston contributes in Handbook of Religion
- Dr. Danaher publishes essay in Oneing
- Dr. Yu examines churches during WWI
- Dr. Poston reviews book on "The American Muhammed"
- Dr. Parker-Ames publishes research article
- Dr. Kaluka publishes paper in PNAS
- "Forgive Us" Book Event & Panel Discussion
- Prof. McDuffie Publishes Poem
- Browse Blog Archive>>