Nyack College Arts and Sciences News
NYSED Approves New Communications Program
We are happy to announce that the New York State Education Department has approved the changes to the Communications Program! The B.S. in Communication will now offer three concentrations: 1) Mass Communications, 2) Emergining Technology and 3) Dramatic Arts.
"The Communications Department is excited and proud to announce that it will usher in three new concentrations under which students can explore a range of academic opportunities the multi-faceted discipline has to offer. As of Fall 2011, students will have the good fortune of exploring the merits of print and broadcast journalism, dramatic arts, film studies including courses in documentary and narrative cinema, rhetoric, and an array of production courses housed under the newly minted Emerging Technology concentration. This is a momentous occasion in the Communications Department's history, and one that marks a venerable new direction for the students of Nyack College, department majors and non-majors alike."
Dr. Sharron Greaves
Chair, Department of Communications
- Dr. Pinkham delivers paper and publishes review
- Dr. Greaves explores Hip Hop culture in Diaspora
- Student Success adjunct selected for writing Best Teen Book
- Dr. Lux publishes essay in volume on Luther
- Dr. Poston publishes review
- A&S well represented in Class Act
- Dr. Poston contributes in Handbook of Religion
- Dr. Danaher publishes essay in Oneing
- Dr. Yu examines churches during WWI
- Dr. Poston reviews book on "The American Muhammed"
- Dr. Parker-Ames publishes research article
- Dr. Kaluka publishes paper in PNAS
- "Forgive Us" Book Event & Panel Discussion
- Prof. McDuffie Publishes Poem
- Dr. Park leads fish survey for BioBlitz at the NY Botanical Gardens
- Browse Blog Archive>>