Nyack College Arts and Sciences News
NYSED Approves New Communications Program
We are happy to announce that the New York State Education Department has approved the changes to the Communications Program! The B.S. in Communication will now offer three concentrations: 1) Mass Communications, 2) Emergining Technology and 3) Dramatic Arts.
"The Communications Department is excited and proud to announce that it will usher in three new concentrations under which students can explore a range of academic opportunities the multi-faceted discipline has to offer. As of Fall 2011, students will have the good fortune of exploring the merits of print and broadcast journalism, dramatic arts, film studies including courses in documentary and narrative cinema, rhetoric, and an array of production courses housed under the newly minted Emerging Technology concentration. This is a momentous occasion in the Communications Department's history, and one that marks a venerable new direction for the students of Nyack College, department majors and non-majors alike."
Dr. Sharron Greaves
Chair, Department of Communications
- Dr. Poston publishes two book reviews
- Dr. Arzola publishes anthology
- Alpha Chi Honor Society Rockland Chapter inducts 21 new members
- Dr. Lux publishes article on narrative theory
- Dr. Dueck publishes on religious exclusivism & diversity
- The Fine Print is Released!
- Dr. Arzola Lectures at Nyack Public Library for Poetry Month
- Dr. Romaine publishes essay in ArtWay
- Dr. Park lectures at Battery Park City Parks Conservancy
- Dr. Washington & Dr. Park Recognized as NAE Fellows
- Social Work partners with alternative-to-incarceration youth program
- Dr. Balmaceda leads discussion on mothers in prison
- Dr. Huster initiates Physics of Waves & Sound
- Dr. Arzola lectures on Pablo Neruda
- Social Work hosts "The New Jim Crow" discussion
- Browse Blog Archive>>