Nyack College Arts and Sciences News
A&S Faculty at 2010 Nyack Scholars Symposium
Nyack Scholars Symposium
Wednesday, October 6, 2010
The College of Arts and Sciences was well-represented at this year’s 2010 Nyack Scholars Symposium at the Rockland Campus.
Dr. Vilma Balmaceda (Political Science): What makes a human rights agency effective? The case of the Human Rights Ombudsman in Ecuador and Peru
Dr. James Danaher (Philosophy): Contemplative Prayer: A Theology for the 21st Century
Dr. Stephen Maret (Psychology): Frank Lake’s Mutual Caring: His Final Work
Dr. Lyndell O’Hara (History): Prosperity and Piety in a ‘Respectable Resort’: The Enterprising Women of Ocean Grove NJ, 1870 – 1900
Dr. Larry Poston with Elizabeth Rigotti (Religion): Christian Fiction: Innovative Contextualization or Trojan Horse for Heresy?
Dr. Brad McDuffie (English): The Search for God is Absurd? Phillip K. Dick, Dispensational Theology in Richard Kelly’s Parable of The End Times, “Donnie Darko”
Dr. Fernando Arzola Jr. (Associate Dean), Dr. James Danaher (Philosophy) and Dr. Vilma Balmaceda (Political Science): Served as Responders to Plenary Speaker: Dr. Martin Palouš, United Nations Ambassador to the Czech Republic
- Dr. Arzola publishes anthology
- Alpha Chi Honor Society Rockland Chapter inducts 21 new members
- Dr. Lux publishes article on narrative theory
- Dr. Dueck publishes on religious exclusivism & diversity
- The Fine Print is Released!
- Dr. Arzola Lectures at Nyack Public Library for Poetry Month
- Dr. Romaine publishes essay in ArtWay
- Dr. Park lectures at Battery Park City Parks Conservancy
- Dr. Washington & Dr. Park Recognized as NAE Fellows
- Social Work partners with alternative-to-incarceration youth program
- Dr. Balmaceda leads discussion on mothers in prison
- Dr. Huster initiates Physics of Waves & Sound
- Dr. Arzola lectures on Pablo Neruda
- Social Work hosts "The New Jim Crow" discussion
- Dr. Danaher publishes "The Second Truth"
- Browse Blog Archive>>