Nyack College Arts and Sciences News
New 2010 Nyack Faculty in Arts & Sciences
Jennifer Kimble has been appointed Assistant Professor of Criminal Justice. She will complete her doctorate in May 2011. She comes from Rutgers University (pic 1).
"I am very excited to be joining the Nyack family and returning to a Christian higher education institution. It is a blessing to be teaching in an institution where the goal is to not only seek justice but produce real change in system that all too often throws away people."
Dr. James Romaine has been appointed Associate Professor of Art History. He received his Ph.D. in Art History from the Graduate Center of the City University of New York with a specialization in contemporary art. Dr. Romaine comes from the New York Center for Art and Media Studies, a program of Bethel University (pic 2).
“As I have gotten to know Nyack, its people and their vision, I have been impressed with its mission to develop a Christ-centered education in Rockland and New York City. Nyack College’s commitment to equip students for participation in contemporary culture, both in our local community and around the world, as well as its investment in the creative arts make Nyack College a unique and model institution for the cultivation of a Christ-centered art history department. ”
Dr. Jeffrey Dueck has been appointed Associate Professor of Philosophy. His degree is in Philosophy from the University at Buffalo with a specialization in Ethics and Philosophy of Religion, along with American Pragmatism and Existentialism. He comes from Mount Ida College (pic 3).
“I'm excited to return to Nyack and join the faculty in helping students grow, both intellectually and spiritually.”
Dr. Jung Hang Lee has been appointed Assistant Professor of Mathematics. He received his Ph.D. in Mathematics from Columbia University with a specialization in Mathematics Education. He comes from Lehman College (pic 4).
”It is my privilege and honor to be a part of Nyack College. I pray that God would guide me to serve His plan and purpose in Nyack College.”
DeVonne Allenhas been appointed Instructor of Social Work. She received her M.S.W. from Fordham University (pic 5).
"I am very excited to be a part of the Nyack College family and to have a role in the professional development of the next generation of Social Workers. I feel especially fortunate to be in an environment where I can freely bring my faith into the classroom and support my students on their Christian journey."
Dr. David Chun has been appointed Assistant Professor of Psychology. He received his Ph.D. in Psychology from the University of California at Davis. Dr. Chun’s specialization is in close relationships, interpersonal processes, emotion, and personality (pic 6).
"I am looking forward to beginning my life and career at Nyack College. The faculty, staff, and students have been encouraging, and I am excited at the opportunity to make lasting contributions to the school through my teaching, research, and service.”
- Dr. Poston reviews book on South Indian Cosmology
- Dr. Balmaceda publishes article in Journal of Latin American Theology
- Dr. Romaine Lectures at Mockingbird Conference
- Fourth Annual Student Research Conference
- Dr. Romaine to deliver keynote address at The Schoenhals Sumposium
- Dr. Kaluka publishes article in Biochemistry journal
- Congratulations on A&S Faculty Promotions
- Colloquium Series Features Dr. Yu
- Percie McLain joins A&S as Administrative Coordinator
- Dr. Park initiates Nyack College Fishing Club
- Dr. Yu publishes review in Sociology of Religion
- Dr. Park joins BIOL-O-GEE R.A.P. TEAM
- Division of Student Success Awarded Certification
- Dr. Poston and Pamela Code explore death, religion and science
- Dr. Pinkham delivers paper and publishes review
- Browse Blog Archive>>