Nyack College Arts and Sciences News
2010 A&S Sciences Faculty Retreat
January 14, 2010
Theme: Education as an Act of Love
Aim: The aim of the 2010 Arts & Sciences retreat is 1) to provide space for fellowship among the Arts & Sciences faculty and 2) gleaning from the insights of Parker Palmer’s book, to engage in an edifying discussion on the spirituality of education.
Purpose: To help us to more intentionally build community within the Arts & Sciences and more deeply reflect on the ministry of teaching and its unique incarnation at Nyack College.
Parker J. Palmer, To Know as We are Known: Education as a Spiritual Journey, HarperCollins Publishers, 1993.
Place: Stony Point Center, Stony Point, NY - www.stonypointcenter.org
- Dr. Park leads fish survey for BioBlitz at the NY Botanical Gardens
- Student Success Serves Spring Valley Community
- Communications Senior Contributes to NyackNewsAndViews
- Dr. Washington Publishes Case Study
- Arts & Sciences Welcomes and Celebrates Student Success
- Arts & Sciences Participate in Faculty Retreat
- Dr. Yu Receives Columbia University Grant
- Adjunct D'Agusto continues art exhibitions success
- Dr. Yu Honored by Wheaton's Institute of American Evangelicals
- Nyack to Partner with Yale's Center for Scientific Teaching
- Dr. Poston Reviews Book on Second Chinese Enlightenment
- Dr. Romaine Co-edits Art History Text
- Dr. Lux presents at American University in Paris
- 2014 Arts & Sciences Faculty Retreat Announced
- Dr. Larry Poston & Dean Poston Examine Media & Religion
- Browse Blog Archive>>