Nyack College Arts and Sciences News
2010 A&S Sciences Faculty Retreat
January 14, 2010
Theme: Education as an Act of Love
Aim: The aim of the 2010 Arts & Sciences retreat is 1) to provide space for fellowship among the Arts & Sciences faculty and 2) gleaning from the insights of Parker Palmer’s book, to engage in an edifying discussion on the spirituality of education.
Purpose: To help us to more intentionally build community within the Arts & Sciences and more deeply reflect on the ministry of teaching and its unique incarnation at Nyack College.
Parker J. Palmer, To Know as We are Known: Education as a Spiritual Journey, HarperCollins Publishers, 1993.
Place: Stony Point Center, Stony Point, NY - www.stonypointcenter.org
- Dr. Poston reviews book on South Indian Cosmology
- Dr. Balmaceda publishes article in Journal of Latin American Theology
- Dr. Romaine Lectures at Mockingbird Conference
- Fourth Annual Student Research Conference
- Dr. Romaine to deliver keynote address at The Schoenhals Sumposium
- Dr. Kaluka publishes article in Biochemistry journal
- Congratulations on A&S Faculty Promotions
- Colloquium Series Features Dr. Yu
- Percie McLain joins A&S as Administrative Coordinator
- Dr. Park initiates Nyack College Fishing Club
- Dr. Yu publishes review in Sociology of Religion
- Dr. Park joins BIOL-O-GEE R.A.P. TEAM
- Division of Student Success Awarded Certification
- Dr. Poston and Pamela Code explore death, religion and science
- Dr. Pinkham delivers paper and publishes review
- Browse Blog Archive>>