Nyack College Arts and Sciences News
2010 A&S Sciences Faculty Retreat
January 14, 2010
Theme: Education as an Act of Love
Aim: The aim of the 2010 Arts & Sciences retreat is 1) to provide space for fellowship among the Arts & Sciences faculty and 2) gleaning from the insights of Parker Palmer’s book, to engage in an edifying discussion on the spirituality of education.
Purpose: To help us to more intentionally build community within the Arts & Sciences and more deeply reflect on the ministry of teaching and its unique incarnation at Nyack College.
Parker J. Palmer, To Know as We are Known: Education as a Spiritual Journey, HarperCollins Publishers, 1993.
Place: Stony Point Center, Stony Point, NY - www.stonypointcenter.org
- Dr. Arzola publishes anthology
- Alpha Chi Honor Society Rockland Chapter inducts 21 new members
- Dr. Lux publishes article on narrative theory
- Dr. Dueck publishes on religious exclusivism & diversity
- The Fine Print is Released!
- Dr. Arzola Lectures at Nyack Public Library for Poetry Month
- Dr. Romaine publishes essay in ArtWay
- Dr. Park lectures at Battery Park City Parks Conservancy
- Dr. Washington & Dr. Park Recognized as NAE Fellows
- Social Work partners with alternative-to-incarceration youth program
- Dr. Balmaceda leads discussion on mothers in prison
- Dr. Huster initiates Physics of Waves & Sound
- Dr. Arzola lectures on Pablo Neruda
- Social Work hosts "The New Jim Crow" discussion
- Dr. Danaher publishes "The Second Truth"
- Browse Blog Archive>>