Nyack College Arts and Sciences News
Social Work Student Honored at Educational Event
Once again, Nyack College was recognized at the annual National Puerto Rican Day Parade 2014 Educational Leadership & Scholarship Banquet. The event was held at the beautiful Villa Barone Manor on Wednesday, May 21, 2014.
Selene Gonzalez, a Nyack College Social Work major from the Rockland Campus, was awarded a National Puerto Rican Day Parade Scholarship.
Dr. Dana Talley performed a powerful rendition of The Star-Spangled Banner.
Carmen Fariña, Chancellor of the New York City Department of Education was among the honorees.
Attending the Banquet, from left to right, were:
- Adalberto DeJesus, Pastor of Crotona Church of God (Selene's pastor)
- Dr. Sue Talley, Director of School of Music, NYC
- Dr. Dana Talley, Professor of Music
- Peter Garcia, Father of the Recipient
- Selene Gonzalez, Recipient of Scholarship
- Elizabeth Cardona, Nyack 2009, Psychology
- Dr. Kwi Yun, Program Director of Department of Social Work
- Lissette Robinson, Office of the Registrar
- Adrianne Garcia, Office of the Registrar
- Dr. Fernando Arzola Jr., Dean of Arts and Sciences
- Division of Student Success Awarded Certification
- Dr. Poston and Pamela Code explore death, religion and science
- Dr. Pinkham delivers paper and publishes review
- Dr. Greaves explores Hip Hop culture in Diaspora
- Student Success adjunct selected for writing Best Teen Book
- Dr. Lux publishes essay in volume on Luther
- Dr. Poston publishes review
- A&S well represented in Class Act
- Dr. Poston contributes in Handbook of Religion
- Dr. Danaher publishes essay in Oneing
- Dr. Yu examines churches during WWI
- Dr. Poston reviews book on "The American Muhammed"
- Dr. Parker-Ames publishes research article
- Dr. Kaluka publishes paper in PNAS
- "Forgive Us" Book Event & Panel Discussion
- Browse Blog Archive>>