Nyack College Arts and Sciences News
NYC Writing Center offers ALST Workshop to Education Candidates
Professor Millicent Waterman, Director of the NYC Writing Center, Joan Spence, Administrative Assistant to the Dean of Arts and Sciences, and the staff of the NYC Writing Center designed a workshop specifically to prepare our School of Education students to prepare for the New York State Academic Literary Skills Test, one of the new teacher certification examinations.
Joan is completing her Master of Arts in TESOL from Hunter College. She presented on "Writing the Argumentative Essay as per the requirements of the NYS ALST.
For more information: http://www.nyack.edu/blog/EDUNews/1842
- Dr. Danaher publishes essay in Oneing
- Dr. Yu examines churches during WWI
- Dr. Poston reviews book on "The American Muhammed"
- Dr. Parker-Ames publishes research article
- Dr. Kaluka publishes paper in PNAS
- "Forgive Us" Book Event & Panel Discussion
- Prof. McDuffie Publishes Poem
- Dr. Park leads fish survey for BioBlitz at the NY Botanical Gardens
- Student Success Serves Spring Valley Community
- Communications Senior Contributes to NyackNewsAndViews
- Dr. Washington Publishes Case Study
- Arts & Sciences Welcomes and Celebrates Student Success
- Arts & Sciences Participate in Faculty Retreat
- Dr. Yu Receives Columbia University Grant
- Adjunct D'Agusto continues art exhibitions success
- Browse Blog Archive>>