Nyack College Arts and Sciences News
Dr. Arzola publishes anthology
Dr. Fernando Arzola Jr., Dean of the College of Arts and Sciences and Associate Professor of Religion, publishes fourth book. Evangelical Christian Education: Mid-Twentieth-Century Foundational Texts examines five of the most significant mid-twentieth-century foundational texts from the leading experts in the field of Evangelical Christian education.
Dr. Kevin E. Lawson, Director of the PhD and EdD programs in Educational Studies from Talbot School of Theology, wrote the Foreward:
It is quite a challenge to select “the essential texts” from the range of authors and writings of this time period, and I don’t envy Fred in his efforts to determine what to include and what to leave out….I agree that the five authors and excerpts that are included in this text are indeed “the essentials” of this time period. These works helped shape a generation of Christian education ministry leaders like myself, helping us to identify worthy teaching goals, effective teaching methods, and showing us the importance of really knowing our students well so we could teach them as an act of love. Their influence was broad, and extended over the course of many years.”
Special acknowledgement goes to Bonita D’Amil, Administrative Assistant to the Office of the Provost. Bonita serve d as Permissions Editor on this book project. Without her diligence, organization, and expertise in acquiring the rights of the selected works, this book could not have been published.
For more information on the book:
For more information on the Christian Educators of the 20th Century:
- Dr. Lux publishes essay in volume on Luther
- Dr. Poston publishes review
- A&S well represented in Class Act
- Dr. Poston contributes in Handbook of Religion
- Dr. Danaher publishes essay in Oneing
- Dr. Yu examines churches during WWI
- Dr. Poston reviews book on "The American Muhammed"
- Dr. Parker-Ames publishes research article
- Dr. Kaluka publishes paper in PNAS
- "Forgive Us" Book Event & Panel Discussion
- Prof. McDuffie Publishes Poem
- Dr. Park leads fish survey for BioBlitz at the NY Botanical Gardens
- Student Success Serves Spring Valley Community
- Communications Senior Contributes to NyackNewsAndViews
- Dr. Washington Publishes Case Study
- Browse Blog Archive>>