Nyack College Arts and Sciences News
Dr. Balmaceda leads discussion on mothers in prison
The Nyack Public Library is sponsoring a special event as part of their celebration of Women's History Month. "Mothers of Bedford" is a moving documentary about five young women at Bedford Hills Correctional Facility and how they attempt to seek restoration in their own lives and try to stay connected with their children despite the bars of the maximum security prison that separate them.
Dr. Vilma Balmeceda, Director of the Center for Scholarship and Global Engagement & Associate Professor of Political Science, will facilitate a discussion on the film and address the rights of women in prison.
The event is free of charge and will take place at the Nyack Library (59 South Broadway, Nyack) on Thursday, March 13, 7:00pm.
For more information: http://nyacklibrary.libcal.com/event.php?id=587906
- Dr. Yu examines churches during WWI
- Dr. Poston reviews book on "The American Muhammed"
- Dr. Parker-Ames publishes research article
- Dr. Kaluka publishes paper in PNAS
- "Forgive Us" Book Event & Panel Discussion
- Prof. McDuffie Publishes Poem
- Dr. Park leads fish survey for BioBlitz at the NY Botanical Gardens
- Student Success Serves Spring Valley Community
- Communications Senior Contributes to NyackNewsAndViews
- Dr. Washington Publishes Case Study
- Arts & Sciences Welcomes and Celebrates Student Success
- Arts & Sciences Participate in Faculty Retreat
- Dr. Yu Receives Columbia University Grant
- Adjunct D'Agusto continues art exhibitions success
- Dr. Yu Honored by Wheaton's Institute of American Evangelicals
- Browse Blog Archive>>