Nyack College Arts and Sciences News
Dr. Huster initiates Physics of Waves & Sound
Dr. Michael Huster, Professor of Physics, initiates Physics of Waves and Sound, a course designed for Music majors. It meets the core science requirement for Nyack College and the science requirement for Music education majors. The students learn the science of sound experientially with many hands-on and ears-on experiments. The focus if the course is on students presenting and discussing their models for the behavior of sound. The highlight of the course are the final projects where groups of student build their own instruments and perform with them.
- Dr. Arzola publishes anthology
- Alpha Chi Honor Society Rockland Chapter inducts 21 new members
- Dr. Lux publishes article on narrative theory
- Dr. Dueck publishes on religious exclusivism & diversity
- The Fine Print is Released!
- Dr. Arzola Lectures at Nyack Public Library for Poetry Month
- Dr. Romaine publishes essay in ArtWay
- Dr. Park lectures at Battery Park City Parks Conservancy
- Dr. Washington & Dr. Park Recognized as NAE Fellows
- Social Work partners with alternative-to-incarceration youth program
- Dr. Balmaceda leads discussion on mothers in prison
- Dr. Huster initiates Physics of Waves & Sound
- Dr. Arzola lectures on Pablo Neruda
- Social Work hosts "The New Jim Crow" discussion
- Dr. Danaher publishes "The Second Truth"
- Browse Blog Archive>>