Nyack College Arts and Sciences News
Dr. Lopez-Humphreys presents at national conferences
Dr. Mayra Lopez-Humphreys, Assistant Professor of Social Work, delivers papers at two national conferences.
Dr. Lopez-Humphreys presented at the 2013 Annual Conference of the American Evaluation, held October 13-16th in Washington, D.C. The American Evaluation Association is an international professional association of evaluators devoted to the application and exploration of program evaluation, personnel evaluation, technology, and many other forms of evaluation. The theme of the conference was The State of Evaluation Practice in the Early 21st Century.
The paper was entitled: “Moving from Silence to Dialogue: The Results of Intergroup Dialogue.”
For more information: http://www.eval.org/p/cm/ld/fid=21
Dr. Lopez-Humphreys also presented a paper and delivered a morning homily at the 2013 North American Association of Christians in Social Work annual convention, held October 16-19, in Atlanta, GA. The theme of the conference was: Social Justice: Contributions of Faith and Spirituality.
The paper was entitled "‘Can we do this here?’ Conservative School and Dialogic Practices.”
The homily was entitled “The Place of Great Unknowing.”
For more information: http://www.nacsw.org/Convention/NACSW2013finalbrochure.pdf
- Division of Student Success Awarded Certification
- Dr. Poston and Pamela Code explore death, religion and science
- Dr. Pinkham delivers paper and publishes review
- Dr. Greaves explores Hip Hop culture in Diaspora
- Student Success adjunct selected for writing Best Teen Book
- Dr. Lux publishes essay in volume on Luther
- Dr. Poston publishes review
- A&S well represented in Class Act
- Dr. Poston contributes in Handbook of Religion
- Dr. Danaher publishes essay in Oneing
- Dr. Yu examines churches during WWI
- Dr. Poston reviews book on "The American Muhammed"
- Dr. Parker-Ames publishes research article
- Dr. Kaluka publishes paper in PNAS
- "Forgive Us" Book Event & Panel Discussion
- Browse Blog Archive>>