Nyack College Arts and Sciences News
Dr. Yu presents at two major conferences
Dr. Kale Yu, Assistant Professor of History, recently delivered two papers at major conferences.
At the Annual Meeting of the American Studies Association, Dr. Yu presented “Demystifying Linderella: Racialized Competition, Immigrant Experience, and Religious Debt.” The American Studies Association is the nation’s oldest and largest association devoted to the interdisciplinary study of American culture and history.
For more information: http://asa.press.jhu.edu/program13/thursday.html
The second paper, “Sins of My Father: Ethnicity, Culture and Theological Purity in Asian American Church” was presented at the Asian North American Religion, Culture, and Society Group of the American Academy of Religion. The ANARCS encourages new perspectives on Asian North American religious practices and faith communities, as well as innovative theoretical work that extends the concepts of empires, diaspora, transnationalism, globalization, im/migration, orientalism, adaptation, acculturation, race, ethnicity, marginalization, oppression, and resistance
For more information:
- Dr. Poston publishes two book reviews
- Dr. Arzola publishes anthology
- Alpha Chi Honor Society Rockland Chapter inducts 21 new members
- Dr. Lux publishes article on narrative theory
- Dr. Dueck publishes on religious exclusivism & diversity
- The Fine Print is Released!
- Dr. Arzola Lectures at Nyack Public Library for Poetry Month
- Dr. Romaine publishes essay in ArtWay
- Dr. Park lectures at Battery Park City Parks Conservancy
- Dr. Washington & Dr. Park Recognized as NAE Fellows
- Social Work partners with alternative-to-incarceration youth program
- Dr. Balmaceda leads discussion on mothers in prison
- Dr. Huster initiates Physics of Waves & Sound
- Dr. Arzola lectures on Pablo Neruda
- Social Work hosts "The New Jim Crow" discussion
- Browse Blog Archive>>