Nyack College Arts and Sciences News
Dr. Yu presents at two major conferences
Dr. Kale Yu, Assistant Professor of History, recently delivered two papers at major conferences.
At the Annual Meeting of the American Studies Association, Dr. Yu presented “Demystifying Linderella: Racialized Competition, Immigrant Experience, and Religious Debt.” The American Studies Association is the nation’s oldest and largest association devoted to the interdisciplinary study of American culture and history.
For more information: http://asa.press.jhu.edu/program13/thursday.html
The second paper, “Sins of My Father: Ethnicity, Culture and Theological Purity in Asian American Church” was presented at the Asian North American Religion, Culture, and Society Group of the American Academy of Religion. The ANARCS encourages new perspectives on Asian North American religious practices and faith communities, as well as innovative theoretical work that extends the concepts of empires, diaspora, transnationalism, globalization, im/migration, orientalism, adaptation, acculturation, race, ethnicity, marginalization, oppression, and resistance
For more information:
- Dr. Pinkham delivers paper and publishes review
- Dr. Greaves explores Hip Hop culture in Diaspora
- Student Success adjunct selected for writing Best Teen Book
- Dr. Lux publishes essay in volume on Luther
- Dr. Poston publishes review
- A&S well represented in Class Act
- Dr. Poston contributes in Handbook of Religion
- Dr. Danaher publishes essay in Oneing
- Dr. Yu examines churches during WWI
- Dr. Poston reviews book on "The American Muhammed"
- Dr. Parker-Ames publishes research article
- Dr. Kaluka publishes paper in PNAS
- "Forgive Us" Book Event & Panel Discussion
- Prof. McDuffie Publishes Poem
- Dr. Park leads fish survey for BioBlitz at the NY Botanical Gardens
- Browse Blog Archive>>