Nyack College Arts and Sciences News
Honors students attend National Collegiate Honors Council
Honors student-delegates Jacqueline Bourdette and Rachel Kunker attended the 48th Annual Conference of the National Collegiate Honors Council in New Orleans as representatives of the Nyack Honors Program. Over 2,000 honors students and directors from large and small college and university honors programs and colleges convened to explore this year’s theme: “Conflict, Transformation, Creolization.”
Though there were many excellent student panels, director’s presentations, and special events, Ruby Bridges’s keynote address was a highlight. “On November 14, 1960, surrounded by armed US Marshalls, six-year-old Ruby Bridges integrated William Frantz Elementary in New Orleans.“ Ms. Bridges spoke about the means for continuing a vibrant dialogue and educational programing to address the need for tolerance, respect, and appreciation for our differences. Nyack students will present their experience at an upcoming Honors Seminar.
Dr. Jonathan Gates, Professor of English, is Director of the Honors Program at the Rockland Campus.
For more information: http://nchchonors.org/annual-conference/2013-conference/
- Dr. Arzola publishes anthology
- Alpha Chi Honor Society Rockland Chapter inducts 21 new members
- Dr. Lux publishes article on narrative theory
- Dr. Dueck publishes on religious exclusivism & diversity
- The Fine Print is Released!
- Dr. Arzola Lectures at Nyack Public Library for Poetry Month
- Dr. Romaine publishes essay in ArtWay
- Dr. Park lectures at Battery Park City Parks Conservancy
- Dr. Washington & Dr. Park Recognized as NAE Fellows
- Social Work partners with alternative-to-incarceration youth program
- Dr. Balmaceda leads discussion on mothers in prison
- Dr. Huster initiates Physics of Waves & Sound
- Dr. Arzola lectures on Pablo Neruda
- Social Work hosts "The New Jim Crow" discussion
- Dr. Danaher publishes "The Second Truth"
- Browse Blog Archive>>