Nyack College Arts and Sciences News
Dr. Lopez-Humphreys leads Colloquium session
Dr. Mayra Lopez-Humphreys, Assistant Professor of Social Work, will lead the second Manhattan Campus Colloquium session of the semester, presenting her reflections on, "Why Cooperate? Christianity and the Common Good: Inspiring Courage & Creative Collaborations." The lecture will be held on Tuesday, October 29th at 5:00pm in Room 2241.
Abstract: Christians can leverage the resources that are derived from personal faith and their local church communities to serve the common good. How does the gospel challenge us serve the common good? What are some of the social shifts and trends that have influenced the involvement of Christians in contributing to the common good? This presentation will also provide inspiring narratives that demonstrate how Christians are engaging in some of today's political issues by becoming active collaborators in addressing concerns of local communities and modeling counter-cultural practices that can serve to the common good and seek God's shalom.
This lecture is part of the 2013-2014 Colloquium Series sponsored by the Center of Scholarship and Global Engagment and the College of Arts and Sciences.
- Dr. Poston reviews book on South Indian Cosmology
- Dr. Balmaceda publishes article in Journal of Latin American Theology
- Dr. Romaine Lectures at Mockingbird Conference
- Fourth Annual Student Research Conference
- Dr. Romaine to deliver keynote address at The Schoenhals Sumposium
- Dr. Kaluka publishes article in Biochemistry journal
- Congratulations on A&S Faculty Promotions
- Colloquium Series Features Dr. Yu
- Percie McLain joins A&S as Administrative Coordinator
- Dr. Park initiates Nyack College Fishing Club
- Dr. Yu publishes review in Sociology of Religion
- Dr. Park joins BIOL-O-GEE R.A.P. TEAM
- Division of Student Success Awarded Certification
- Dr. Poston and Pamela Code explore death, religion and science
- Dr. Pinkham delivers paper and publishes review
- Browse Blog Archive>>