Nyack College Arts and Sciences News
Dr. Lopez-Humphreys leads Colloquium session
Dr. Mayra Lopez-Humphreys, Assistant Professor of Social Work, will lead the second Manhattan Campus Colloquium session of the semester, presenting her reflections on, "Why Cooperate? Christianity and the Common Good: Inspiring Courage & Creative Collaborations." The lecture will be held on Tuesday, October 29th at 5:00pm in Room 2241.
Abstract: Christians can leverage the resources that are derived from personal faith and their local church communities to serve the common good. How does the gospel challenge us serve the common good? What are some of the social shifts and trends that have influenced the involvement of Christians in contributing to the common good? This presentation will also provide inspiring narratives that demonstrate how Christians are engaging in some of today's political issues by becoming active collaborators in addressing concerns of local communities and modeling counter-cultural practices that can serve to the common good and seek God's shalom.
This lecture is part of the 2013-2014 Colloquium Series sponsored by the Center of Scholarship and Global Engagment and the College of Arts and Sciences.
- Dr. Yu examines churches during WWI
- Dr. Poston reviews book on "The American Muhammed"
- Dr. Parker-Ames publishes research article
- Dr. Kaluka publishes paper in PNAS
- "Forgive Us" Book Event & Panel Discussion
- Prof. McDuffie Publishes Poem
- Dr. Park leads fish survey for BioBlitz at the NY Botanical Gardens
- Student Success Serves Spring Valley Community
- Communications Senior Contributes to NyackNewsAndViews
- Dr. Washington Publishes Case Study
- Arts & Sciences Welcomes and Celebrates Student Success
- Arts & Sciences Participate in Faculty Retreat
- Dr. Yu Receives Columbia University Grant
- Adjunct D'Agusto continues art exhibitions success
- Dr. Yu Honored by Wheaton's Institute of American Evangelicals
- Browse Blog Archive>>