Nyack College Arts and Sciences News
Dr. Lopez-Humphreys leads Colloquium session
Dr. Mayra Lopez-Humphreys, Assistant Professor of Social Work, will lead the second Manhattan Campus Colloquium session of the semester, presenting her reflections on, "Why Cooperate? Christianity and the Common Good: Inspiring Courage & Creative Collaborations." The lecture will be held on Tuesday, October 29th at 5:00pm in Room 2241.
Abstract: Christians can leverage the resources that are derived from personal faith and their local church communities to serve the common good. How does the gospel challenge us serve the common good? What are some of the social shifts and trends that have influenced the involvement of Christians in contributing to the common good? This presentation will also provide inspiring narratives that demonstrate how Christians are engaging in some of today's political issues by becoming active collaborators in addressing concerns of local communities and modeling counter-cultural practices that can serve to the common good and seek God's shalom.
This lecture is part of the 2013-2014 Colloquium Series sponsored by the Center of Scholarship and Global Engagment and the College of Arts and Sciences.
- Dr, Yu Honored by Wheaton's Institute of American Evangelicals
- Nyack to Partner with Yale's Center for Scientific Teaching
- Dr. Poston Reviews Book on Second Chinese Enlightenment
- Dr. Romaine Co-edits Art History Text
- Dr. Lux presents at American University in Paris
- 2014 Arts & Sciences Faculty Retreat Announced
- Dr. Larry Poston & Dean Poston Examine Media & Religion
- English Prof Oversees Historic Eatery
- Dr. Poston Publishes Chapter on Muslim Americans
- Adjunct D'Agusto wins Art Competition
- Social Work Student Honored at Educational Event
- 2014 A&S Faculty Awards
- Dr. Danaher interviewed on The Christian Post
- NYC Writing Center offers ALST Workshop to Education Candidates
- Dr. Poston publishes two book reviews
- Browse Blog Archive>>