Nyack College Arts and Sciences News
Dr. Yan researches diabetes and Metformin effects
Dr. Wenbo Yan, Assistant Professor of Biology, publishes in Carcionogenesis: Integrative Cancer Research. Carcionogenesis is a multi-disciplinary journal that brings together all the varied aspects of research that will ultimately lead to the prevention of cancer in man.
The article, “Metformin Targets c-MYC Oncogene to Prevent Prostate Cancer, investigates the effect of metformin on c-myc expression and prostate cancer progression. Metformin, an old anti-diabetes drug, may inhibit prostate intraepithelial neoplasia transforming to cancer lesion via reducing c-MYC, an “old” over-expressed oncogene. This study explores chemopreventive efficacy of metformin in prostate cancer and its link to cMYC in-vitro and invivo.
For more information:
Dr. Yan also presents paper at the 2013 Annual Meeting of the American Society for Bone and Mineral Research. ASBMR is a professional, scientific and medical society established to bring together clinical and experimental scientists involved in the study of bone and mineral metabolism.
The paper is entitled, "Metformin stimulates compact bone mesenchymal stem cells and accelerates wound healing in a Type 2 Diabetes mouse model."
For more information: http://www.asbmr.org/ASBMR-abstracts
- Prof. McDuffie Publishes Poem
- Dr. Park leads fish survey for BioBlitz at the NY Botanical Gardens
- Student Success Serves Spring Valley Community
- Communications Senior Contributes to NyackNewsAndViews
- Dr. Washington Publishes Case Study
- Arts & Sciences Welcomes and Celebrates Student Success
- Arts & Sciences Participate in Faculty Retreat
- Dr. Yu Receives Columbia University Grant
- Adjunct D'Agusto continues art exhibitions success
- Dr. Yu Honored by Wheaton's Institute of American Evangelicals
- Nyack to Partner with Yale's Center for Scientific Teaching
- Dr. Poston Reviews Book on Second Chinese Enlightenment
- Dr. Romaine Co-edits Art History Text
- Dr. Lux presents at American University in Paris
- 2014 Arts & Sciences Faculty Retreat Announced
- Browse Blog Archive>>