Nyack College Arts and Sciences News
Dr. Balmeceda facilitates peacemaking workshops
Dr. Nina Balmaceda, Associate Professor of Political Science and Director of the Center for Scholarship and Global Engagement, participated in the 2013 Annual Peacemakers Conference, in Columbus,
OH, on September 26-29.
Dr. Balmaceda partnered with Mr. Chip Zimmer, Vice President for Peacemakers' Global Ministries, in leading a workshop on "Transformative Mediation," and a two-part workshop on "Peacemaking
and the Pursuit of Justice." In their workshops, Dr. Balmaceda and Mr. Zimmer examine how a biblical understanding of justice needs to be part of any peacemaking process. Arguing that justice is much more than a set of “standards” impersonally applied to a conflict situation, they affirm that biblical justice is both highly personal and collective, and it is all about treating others as their dignity
as human beings requires in terms of responsibility, restitution and reparation.
For more information visit: http://www.peacemakerconference.net/workshops/
- Division of Student Success Awarded Certification
- Dr. Poston and Pamela Code explore death, religion and science
- Dr. Pinkham delivers paper and publishes review
- Dr. Greaves explores Hip Hop culture in Diaspora
- Student Success adjunct selected for writing Best Teen Book
- Dr. Lux publishes essay in volume on Luther
- Dr. Poston publishes review
- A&S well represented in Class Act
- Dr. Poston contributes in Handbook of Religion
- Dr. Danaher publishes essay in Oneing
- Dr. Yu examines churches during WWI
- Dr. Poston reviews book on "The American Muhammed"
- Dr. Parker-Ames publishes research article
- Dr. Kaluka publishes paper in PNAS
- "Forgive Us" Book Event & Panel Discussion
- Browse Blog Archive>>