Nyack College Arts and Sciences News
Dr. Lopez-Humphreys co-authors teen resource
Dr. Mayra Lopez-Humphreys, Assistant Professor of Social Work, co-authored Countering the Silence: A Faith Leader's Toolkit for Preventing Teen Pregnancy. This new resource was developed to help address the high rates of teen pregnancy in the Hispanic community. It resourse was sponsored by Esperanza, one of the largest Latino faith-based evangelical networks in the United States.
The toolkit was released to 600 attendees of the annual Esperanza National Hispanic Prayer Breakfast in Washington, DC on June 20, 2013. Twenty faith leaders, working in partnership with Esperanza, will be trained to use the toolkit and will in turn train more than 200 additional faith leaders in major metropolitan areas nationwide.
To read the resource:
- Division of Student Success Awarded Certification
- Dr. Poston and Pamela Code explore death, religion and science
- Dr. Pinkham delivers paper and publishes review
- Dr. Greaves explores Hip Hop culture in Diaspora
- Student Success adjunct selected for writing Best Teen Book
- Dr. Lux publishes essay in volume on Luther
- Dr. Poston publishes review
- A&S well represented in Class Act
- Dr. Poston contributes in Handbook of Religion
- Dr. Danaher publishes essay in Oneing
- Dr. Yu examines churches during WWI
- Dr. Poston reviews book on "The American Muhammed"
- Dr. Parker-Ames publishes research article
- Dr. Kaluka publishes paper in PNAS
- "Forgive Us" Book Event & Panel Discussion
- Browse Blog Archive>>