Nyack College Arts and Sciences News
Dr. Lopez-Humphreys co-authors teen resource
Dr. Mayra Lopez-Humphreys, Assistant Professor of Social Work, co-authored Countering the Silence: A Faith Leader's Toolkit for Preventing Teen Pregnancy. This new resource was developed to help address the high rates of teen pregnancy in the Hispanic community. It resourse was sponsored by Esperanza, one of the largest Latino faith-based evangelical networks in the United States.
The toolkit was released to 600 attendees of the annual Esperanza National Hispanic Prayer Breakfast in Washington, DC on June 20, 2013. Twenty faith leaders, working in partnership with Esperanza, will be trained to use the toolkit and will in turn train more than 200 additional faith leaders in major metropolitan areas nationwide.
To read the resource:
- Dr. Poston publishes two book reviews
- Dr. Arzola publishes anthology
- Alpha Chi Honor Society Rockland Chapter inducts 21 new members
- Dr. Lux publishes article on narrative theory
- Dr. Dueck publishes on religious exclusivism & diversity
- The Fine Print is Released!
- Dr. Arzola Lectures at Nyack Public Library for Poetry Month
- Dr. Romaine publishes essay in ArtWay
- Dr. Park lectures at Battery Park City Parks Conservancy
- Dr. Washington & Dr. Park Recognized as NAE Fellows
- Social Work partners with alternative-to-incarceration youth program
- Dr. Balmaceda leads discussion on mothers in prison
- Dr. Huster initiates Physics of Waves & Sound
- Dr. Arzola lectures on Pablo Neruda
- Social Work hosts "The New Jim Crow" discussion
- Browse Blog Archive>>