Nyack College Arts and Sciences News
Dr. Balmaceda lectures in Uruguay & elected jurist chair
Dr. Vilma "Nina" Balmaceda, Associate Professor of Political Science and Director of the Center for Scholarship and Global Engagement, delivered a lecture on the American Constitutional System at the Catholic University of Uruguay Law School (UCUDAL) on May 16, 2013.
Dr. Balmaceda also was a plenary speaker at the Tenth Convention for Christian Lawyers organized by the Inter-American Federation of Christian Jurists, of which she is a founding member. Her address was titled "Christian Perspectives on Justice: Reflections in the Fight against Crime."
During the last assembly session of the Convention, Dr. Balmaceda was elected Chair of the Deliberative Council of the Inter-American Federation of Christian Jurists, which coordinates the efforts of Christian legal professionals in Argentina, Brazil, Bolivia, Colombia, Costa Rica, Cuba, Dominican Republic, Ecuador, El Salvador, Guatemala, Honduras, Nicaragua, Mexico, Paraguay, Peru, Puerto Rico, Uruguay and Venezuela.
For more in formation: https://www.facebook.com/pages/Advocates-International/156102987221
- Dr. Pinkham delivers paper and publishes review
- Dr. Greaves explores Hip Hop culture in Diaspora
- Student Success adjunct selected for writing Best Teen Book
- Dr. Lux publishes essay in volume on Luther
- Dr. Poston publishes review
- A&S well represented in Class Act
- Dr. Poston contributes in Handbook of Religion
- Dr. Danaher publishes essay in Oneing
- Dr. Yu examines churches during WWI
- Dr. Poston reviews book on "The American Muhammed"
- Dr. Parker-Ames publishes research article
- Dr. Kaluka publishes paper in PNAS
- "Forgive Us" Book Event & Panel Discussion
- Prof. McDuffie Publishes Poem
- Dr. Park leads fish survey for BioBlitz at the NY Botanical Gardens
- Browse Blog Archive>>