Nyack College Arts and Sciences News
Dr. Yan publishes article on diabetes
Posted by Fernando.Arzola on Thursday May 16, 2013
Dr. Wenbo Yan, Assistant Professor of Biology, publishes article, "Impact of diabetes and its treatments on skeletal diseases," in Frontiers of Medicine, an international peer-reviewed general medical journal devoted to the latest and most exciting advances in medical research.
Diabetes mellitus is an enormous menace to public health globally. In this article, Dr, Yan examines how this chronic disease of metabolism adversely affects the skeleton with increased risk of osteoporosis and osteoarthritis. Moreover, effects of anti-diabetic medicines on bone biology and quality were also discussed. Better knowledge of how diabetic conditions and its treatments influence skeletal tissues is in great need in view of the growing and aging population of patients with diabetes mellitus.
For more information: http://www.ncbi.nlm.nih.gov/pubmed/23377889
Arts and Sciences
- Dr. Pinkham delivers paper and publishes review
- Dr. Greaves explores Hip Hop culture in Diaspora
- Student Success adjunct selected for writing Best Teen Book
- Dr. Lux publishes essay in volume on Luther
- Dr. Poston publishes review
- A&S well represented in Class Act
- Dr. Poston contributes in Handbook of Religion
- Dr. Danaher publishes essay in Oneing
- Dr. Yu examines churches during WWI
- Dr. Poston reviews book on "The American Muhammed"
- Dr. Parker-Ames publishes research article
- Dr. Kaluka publishes paper in PNAS
- "Forgive Us" Book Event & Panel Discussion
- Prof. McDuffie Publishes Poem
- Dr. Park leads fish survey for BioBlitz at the NY Botanical Gardens
- Browse Blog Archive>>