Nyack College Arts and Sciences News
Dr. Balmaceda addresses Hong Kong gathering
Dr. Vilma "Nina" Balmaceda, Associate Professor of Political Science and Director of the Center for Scholarship and Global Engagement spoke at the Second Global Convocation of the Faith and Law Around the Globe (FLAG) Conference, which took place in Hong Kong on April 4-8, 2013.
During the conference, Dr. Balmaceda led two workshops on Peacemaking, and her plenary presentation focused on the impact of the Gospel on the Search for Justice and Liberation from Oppression.
The event was co-organized by Campus Crusade for Christ, the University of Hong Kong, and Advocates International, Inc. More than 100 lawyers, law students and legal scholars from 30 countries participated in the conference.
Picture: Dr. Balmaceda is 3rd person seated at the right.
For more information: http://www.flagglobal.org/conference-2013/
- Dr. Balmaceda publishes article in Journal of Latin American Theology
- Dr. Romaine Lectures at Mockingbird Conference
- Fourth Annual Student Research Conference
- Dr. Romaine to deliver keynote address at The Schoenhals Sumposium
- Dr. Kaluka publishes article in Biochemistry journal
- Congratulations on A&S Faculty Promotions
- Colloquium Series Features Dr. Yu
- Percie McLain joins A&S as Administrative Coordinator
- Dr. Park initiates Nyack College Fishing Club
- Dr. Yu publishes review in Sociology of Religion
- Dr. Park joins BIOL-O-GEE R.A.P. TEAM
- Division of Student Success Awarded Certification
- Dr. Poston and Pamela Code explore death, religion and science
- Dr. Pinkham delivers paper and publishes review
- Dr. Greaves explores Hip Hop culture in Diaspora
- Browse Blog Archive>>