Nyack College Arts and Sciences News
Dr. Park delivers two lectures
Dr. Peter Park, Assistant Professor of Biology, spoke at the Youth Educational Seining Programs (YES) Conference at St. Francis College on March 15, 2013. His talk, “Seining in Nyack: A Genuine Ecology Experience for Non-science Majors,” summarized his seining and fishing trips in the Hudson River that were a part of the Nyack College Spring 2012 Ecology course (BIO112) course. At this meeting, fish biologists and nature educators from the NYC area gathered to discuss the potential for developing standardized methods to collect fish survey data from the Hudson River estuary. The goal of this planning was focused on how to offer undergraduates, enrolled in majors and non-majors biology courses, opportunities to collect reliable data that could potentially be used for research purposes by other institutions or organizations.
On April 6, 2013, Dr. Park also lecture on, “Teaching Evolution in a Christian College: Worries, Wants, and Hopes?” at the Evangelical Theological Society - Northeast Section - Annual Meeting, held at the Alliance Theological Seminary. Dr. Park, an evolutionary biologist, shared his approach to teaching evolutionary biology to Nyack College students.
- Dr. Lux publishes essay in volume on Luther
- Dr. Poston publishes review
- A&S well represented in Class Act
- Dr. Poston contributes in Handbook of Religion
- Dr. Danaher publishes essay in Oneing
- Dr. Yu examines churches during WWI
- Dr. Poston reviews book on "The American Muhammed"
- Dr. Parker-Ames publishes research article
- Dr. Kaluka publishes paper in PNAS
- "Forgive Us" Book Event & Panel Discussion
- Prof. McDuffie Publishes Poem
- Dr. Park leads fish survey for BioBlitz at the NY Botanical Gardens
- Student Success Serves Spring Valley Community
- Communications Senior Contributes to NyackNewsAndViews
- Dr. Washington Publishes Case Study
- Browse Blog Archive>>