Nyack College Arts and Sciences News
Dr. Park examines evolution
The College of Arts and Sciences and the Center for Scholarship and Global Engagement will co-host its March Colloquium featuring Dr. Peter Park, a Nyack College assistant professor of biology, on “Understanding Evolution.” The presentation will take place on Wednesday, March 20 at 4:00 p.m. on the Nyack Rockland Campus in Shuman Hall (President’s Hall).
How does life change? Is all of life related by common ancestry?
The vast majority of the scientific community considers evolution the unifying framework of all of biology. Dr. Park will discuss the patterns and processes of evolutionary change in light of recent findings in ecology, genetics, and the fossil record. There will be 30 minutes of Q&A.
The campus community is invited to attend.
- Prof. McDuffie Publishes Poem
- Dr. Park leads fish survey for BioBlitz at the NY Botanical Gardens
- Student Success Serves Spring Valley Community
- Communications Senior Contributes to NyackNewsAndViews
- Dr. Washington Publishes Case Study
- Arts & Sciences Welcomes and Celebrates Student Success
- Arts & Sciences Participate in Faculty Retreat
- Dr. Yu Receives Columbia University Grant
- Adjunct D'Agusto continues art exhibitions success
- Dr. Yu Honored by Wheaton's Institute of American Evangelicals
- Nyack to Partner with Yale's Center for Scientific Teaching
- Dr. Poston Reviews Book on Second Chinese Enlightenment
- Dr. Romaine Co-edits Art History Text
- Dr. Lux presents at American University in Paris
- 2014 Arts & Sciences Faculty Retreat Announced
- Browse Blog Archive>>