Nyack College Arts and Sciences News
Dr. Park examines evolution
The College of Arts and Sciences and the Center for Scholarship and Global Engagement will co-host its March Colloquium featuring Dr. Peter Park, a Nyack College assistant professor of biology, on “Understanding Evolution.” The presentation will take place on Wednesday, March 20 at 4:00 p.m. on the Nyack Rockland Campus in Shuman Hall (President’s Hall).
How does life change? Is all of life related by common ancestry?
The vast majority of the scientific community considers evolution the unifying framework of all of biology. Dr. Park will discuss the patterns and processes of evolutionary change in light of recent findings in ecology, genetics, and the fossil record. There will be 30 minutes of Q&A.
The campus community is invited to attend.
- Dr. Poston and Pamela Code explore death, religion and science
- Dr. Pinkham delivers paper and publishes review
- Dr. Greaves explores Hip Hop culture in Diaspora
- Student Success adjunct selected for writing Best Teen Book
- Dr. Lux publishes essay in volume on Luther
- Dr. Poston publishes review
- A&S well represented in Class Act
- Dr. Poston contributes in Handbook of Religion
- Dr. Danaher publishes essay in Oneing
- Dr. Yu examines churches during WWI
- Dr. Poston reviews book on "The American Muhammed"
- Dr. Parker-Ames publishes research article
- Dr. Kaluka publishes paper in PNAS
- "Forgive Us" Book Event & Panel Discussion
- Prof. McDuffie Publishes Poem
- Browse Blog Archive>>