Nyack College Arts and Sciences News
Dr. Park examines evolution
The College of Arts and Sciences and the Center for Scholarship and Global Engagement will co-host its March Colloquium featuring Dr. Peter Park, a Nyack College assistant professor of biology, on “Understanding Evolution.” The presentation will take place on Wednesday, March 20 at 4:00 p.m. on the Nyack Rockland Campus in Shuman Hall (President’s Hall).
How does life change? Is all of life related by common ancestry?
The vast majority of the scientific community considers evolution the unifying framework of all of biology. Dr. Park will discuss the patterns and processes of evolutionary change in light of recent findings in ecology, genetics, and the fossil record. There will be 30 minutes of Q&A.
The campus community is invited to attend.
- Dr, Yu Honored by Wheaton's Institute of American Evangelicals
- Nyack to Partner with Yale's Center for Scientific Teaching
- Dr. Poston Reviews Book on Second Chinese Enlightenment
- Dr. Romaine Co-edits Art History Text
- Dr. Lux presents at American University in Paris
- 2014 Arts & Sciences Faculty Retreat Announced
- Dr. Larry Poston & Dean Poston Examine Media & Religion
- English Prof Oversees Historic Eatery
- Dr. Poston Publishes Chapter on Muslim Americans
- Adjunct D'Agusto wins Art Competition
- Social Work Student Honored at Educational Event
- 2014 A&S Faculty Awards
- Dr. Danaher interviewed on The Christian Post
- NYC Writing Center offers ALST Workshop to Education Candidates
- Dr. Poston publishes two book reviews
- Browse Blog Archive>>