Nyack College Arts and Sciences News
Dr. Yan lectures on diabetic medicine
The American Society for Bone and Mineral Research (ASBMR) is a leading professional society established to bring together clinical and experimental scientists involved in the study of bone and mineral metabolism. There are more than 4000 members worldwide. Every year, ASBMR promotes the study of this expanding field through annual scientific meetings in which cutting edge research is presented to more than 3000 attendees.
Using his expertise in diabetes and endocrine regulation of bone physiology and in collaboration with scientists from NYU and CUNY, Dr. Wenbo Yan, Assistant Professor of Biology, co-presented two papers at the 2012 Annual ASBMR Scientific Conference. The impact of diabetic medicine, metformin on the development of tumor in bone was presented in oral symposium session of the meeting. The crosstalk between oral microbes and host immune response in the patients with bisphosponate related osteonecrosis of the jaw was presented in plenary poster session of the meeting.
For more information on ASBMR: http://www.asbmr.org/Default.aspx
- Dr. Arzola publishes anthology
- Alpha Chi Honor Society Rockland Chapter inducts 21 new members
- Dr. Lux publishes article on narrative theory
- Dr. Dueck publishes on religious exclusivism & diversity
- The Fine Print is Released!
- Dr. Arzola Lectures at Nyack Public Library for Poetry Month
- Dr. Romaine publishes essay in ArtWay
- Dr. Park lectures at Battery Park City Parks Conservancy
- Dr. Washington & Dr. Park Recognized as NAE Fellows
- Social Work partners with alternative-to-incarceration youth program
- Dr. Balmaceda leads discussion on mothers in prison
- Dr. Huster initiates Physics of Waves & Sound
- Dr. Arzola lectures on Pablo Neruda
- Social Work hosts "The New Jim Crow" discussion
- Dr. Danaher publishes "The Second Truth"
- Browse Blog Archive>>