Nyack College Arts and Sciences News
Dr. Yan lectures on diabetic medicine
The American Society for Bone and Mineral Research (ASBMR) is a leading professional society established to bring together clinical and experimental scientists involved in the study of bone and mineral metabolism. There are more than 4000 members worldwide. Every year, ASBMR promotes the study of this expanding field through annual scientific meetings in which cutting edge research is presented to more than 3000 attendees.
Using his expertise in diabetes and endocrine regulation of bone physiology and in collaboration with scientists from NYU and CUNY, Dr. Wenbo Yan, Assistant Professor of Biology, co-presented two papers at the 2012 Annual ASBMR Scientific Conference. The impact of diabetic medicine, metformin on the development of tumor in bone was presented in oral symposium session of the meeting. The crosstalk between oral microbes and host immune response in the patients with bisphosponate related osteonecrosis of the jaw was presented in plenary poster session of the meeting.
For more information on ASBMR: http://www.asbmr.org/Default.aspx
- Dr. Yu examines churches during WWI
- Dr. Poston reviews book on "The American Muhammed"
- Dr. Parker-Ames publishes research article
- Dr. Kaluka publishes paper in PNAS
- "Forgive Us" Book Event & Panel Discussion
- Prof. McDuffie Publishes Poem
- Dr. Park leads fish survey for BioBlitz at the NY Botanical Gardens
- Student Success Serves Spring Valley Community
- Communications Senior Contributes to NyackNewsAndViews
- Dr. Washington Publishes Case Study
- Arts & Sciences Welcomes and Celebrates Student Success
- Arts & Sciences Participate in Faculty Retreat
- Dr. Yu Receives Columbia University Grant
- Adjunct D'Agusto continues art exhibitions success
- Dr. Yu Honored by Wheaton's Institute of American Evangelicals
- Browse Blog Archive>>