Nyack College Arts and Sciences News
Prof. Cid examines David Hume's moral theory
MEN OF LETTERS FEBRUARY LECTURE
Thursday, February 14 at 5:15pm
Manhattan Campus (361 Broadway, Room 615)
"Reason: Slave of the Emotions"
Prof. Alfredo Cid, Ph.D.(c), Lecturer of Philosophy
Traditional western ethics has, for the most part, proposed that “reason” is the main cause of our moral action. Prof. Cid will address the Men of Letters and examine David Hume’s sentimentalist moral theory, rejecting this 2,500 years old notion, which suggests that our moral behavior is based on our emotions, and not on reason alone.
- Dr. Danaher publishes essay in Oneing
- Dr. Yu examines churches during WWI
- Dr. Poston reviews book on "The American Muhammed"
- Dr. Parker-Ames publishes research article
- Dr. Kaluka publishes paper in PNAS
- "Forgive Us" Book Event & Panel Discussion
- Prof. McDuffie Publishes Poem
- Dr. Park leads fish survey for BioBlitz at the NY Botanical Gardens
- Student Success Serves Spring Valley Community
- Communications Senior Contributes to NyackNewsAndViews
- Dr. Washington Publishes Case Study
- Arts & Sciences Welcomes and Celebrates Student Success
- Arts & Sciences Participate in Faculty Retreat
- Dr. Yu Receives Columbia University Grant
- Adjunct D'Agusto continues art exhibitions success
- Browse Blog Archive>>