Nyack College Arts and Sciences News
Dr. Romaine publishes article on Andy Warhol's religious aesthetic
James Romaine, Associate Professor of Art History, publishes essay on Andy Warhol’s Byzantine Catholic aesthetic. Entitled “The Transfiguration of the Soup Can,” this essay explores Warhol’s application of an Eastern Orthodox theological perspective to themes of contemporary culture. This essay is published in Beauty and the Beautiful in Eastern Christian Culture, by Theotokos Press.
Theotokos Press is the publishing arm of The Sophia Institute. The Sophia Institute is an Eastern Orthodox Christian educational center housed at Columbia University and Union Theological Seminary in New York City that serves as a gathering force for contemporary Orthodox scholars, theologians, spiritual teachers, and ethicists.
For more information on The Sophia Institute: http://sophiainstitutenyc.org
- Dr. Lux publishes essay in volume on Luther
- Dr. Poston publishes review
- A&S well represented in Class Act
- Dr. Poston contributes in Handbook of Religion
- Dr. Danaher publishes essay in Oneing
- Dr. Yu examines churches during WWI
- Dr. Poston reviews book on "The American Muhammed"
- Dr. Parker-Ames publishes research article
- Dr. Kaluka publishes paper in PNAS
- "Forgive Us" Book Event & Panel Discussion
- Prof. McDuffie Publishes Poem
- Dr. Park leads fish survey for BioBlitz at the NY Botanical Gardens
- Student Success Serves Spring Valley Community
- Communications Senior Contributes to NyackNewsAndViews
- Dr. Washington Publishes Case Study
- Browse Blog Archive>>