Nyack College Arts and Sciences News
Dr. Romaine publishes article & organizes symposium
Dr. James Romaine publishes cover article in Books and Culture on visual depictions of devotion in the period of the Protestant Reformation. He examines the work of Netherlandish artist Jan Gossart as a study in how artists, working contemporary with the Protestant Reformation, depicted subjects of devotion, such as Saint Luke having a vision of the Virgin and Christ, as models for the viewer in the power of the visual experience in the Christian’s devotional life.
For more information: http://www.booksandculture.com/articles/2012/novdec/jan-gossart.html
Dr. Romaine is also co-organizing a symposium of 19th century French art. “Sang Sacre (Sacred Blood): Conflicting Association in French Art” will be held on February 12, 2013 at Pratt Institute (Manhattan campus). This is a symposium of the Association of Scholars of Christianity in the History of Art.
For more information and registration: http://christianityhistoryart.org/
- Dr. Poston publishes two book reviews
- Dr. Arzola publishes anthology
- Alpha Chi Honor Society Rockland Chapter inducts 21 new members
- Dr. Lux publishes article on narrative theory
- Dr. Dueck publishes on religious exclusivism & diversity
- The Fine Print is Released!
- Dr. Arzola Lectures at Nyack Public Library for Poetry Month
- Dr. Romaine publishes essay in ArtWay
- Dr. Park lectures at Battery Park City Parks Conservancy
- Dr. Washington & Dr. Park Recognized as NAE Fellows
- Social Work partners with alternative-to-incarceration youth program
- Dr. Balmaceda leads discussion on mothers in prison
- Dr. Huster initiates Physics of Waves & Sound
- Dr. Arzola lectures on Pablo Neruda
- Social Work hosts "The New Jim Crow" discussion
- Browse Blog Archive>>