Nyack College Arts and Sciences News
Dr. Lux explores the spiritually of writing
Dr. Elaine Lux, Professor of English, explored "The Spirituality of Writing" with the Men of Letters. "In "Made Visible and Plain: On Spiritual Writing," Richard Forster says, “There is a depth of encounter in spiritual writing. We sink down below the superficialities of modern culture, and there we pause and wait until a deep interior conversation opens between reader and writer. Our writing comes from the depths and it calls out the depths in our readers. ‘Deep calls to deep,’ declares the psalmist. And so it does." Dr. Lux explored the spirituality of writing, considering both others’ writings that we read and our writings that we produce. Rev. Charles Hammond, Associate Dean of Students, joined the Men of Letters for this special night of writing and reflection.
- Dr. Arzola publishes anthology
- Alpha Chi Honor Society Rockland Chapter inducts 21 new members
- Dr. Lux publishes article on narrative theory
- Dr. Dueck publishes on religious exclusivism & diversity
- The Fine Print is Released!
- Dr. Arzola Lectures at Nyack Public Library for Poetry Month
- Dr. Romaine publishes essay in ArtWay
- Dr. Park lectures at Battery Park City Parks Conservancy
- Dr. Washington & Dr. Park Recognized as NAE Fellows
- Social Work partners with alternative-to-incarceration youth program
- Dr. Balmaceda leads discussion on mothers in prison
- Dr. Huster initiates Physics of Waves & Sound
- Dr. Arzola lectures on Pablo Neruda
- Social Work hosts "The New Jim Crow" discussion
- Dr. Danaher publishes "The Second Truth"
- Browse Blog Archive>>