Nyack College Arts and Sciences News
Dr. Lang leads trip to Cold Spring Harbor DNA Lab
Dr. Damaris-Lois Lang, Assistant Professor of Biology, led a group of Nyack students in a scientific project at Cold Spring Harbor DNA Lab in Manhattan. Those who participated are enrolled in the Human Biology and Anatomy & Physiology courses.
The students extracted their own DNA and performed a human mitochondrial sequencing activity. Students amplified a small region of their own mitochondrial DNA and used the product as a template for DNA cycle sequencing. The students have the opportunity to obtain their “finished” sequence and perform computer analysis of the data using the DNALC's online bioinformatics tool Sequence Server.
For more information about Cold Spring Harbor DNA Lab:
- Dr. Yu examines churches during WWI
- Dr. Poston reviews book on "The American Muhammed"
- Dr. Parker-Ames publishes research article
- Dr. Kaluka publishes paper in PNAS
- "Forgive Us" Book Event & Panel Discussion
- Prof. McDuffie Publishes Poem
- Dr. Park leads fish survey for BioBlitz at the NY Botanical Gardens
- Student Success Serves Spring Valley Community
- Communications Senior Contributes to NyackNewsAndViews
- Dr. Washington Publishes Case Study
- Arts & Sciences Welcomes and Celebrates Student Success
- Arts & Sciences Participate in Faculty Retreat
- Dr. Yu Receives Columbia University Grant
- Adjunct D'Agusto continues art exhibitions success
- Dr. Yu Honored by Wheaton's Institute of American Evangelicals
- Browse Blog Archive>>