Nyack College Arts and Sciences News
Dr. Lang leads trip to Cold Spring Harbor DNA Lab
Dr. Damaris-Lois Lang, Assistant Professor of Biology, led a group of Nyack students in a scientific project at Cold Spring Harbor DNA Lab in Manhattan. Those who participated are enrolled in the Human Biology and Anatomy & Physiology courses.
The students extracted their own DNA and performed a human mitochondrial sequencing activity. Students amplified a small region of their own mitochondrial DNA and used the product as a template for DNA cycle sequencing. The students have the opportunity to obtain their “finished” sequence and perform computer analysis of the data using the DNALC's online bioinformatics tool Sequence Server.
For more information about Cold Spring Harbor DNA Lab:
- Division of Student Success Awarded Certification
- Dr. Poston and Pamela Code explore death, religion and science
- Dr. Pinkham delivers paper and publishes review
- Dr. Greaves explores Hip Hop culture in Diaspora
- Student Success adjunct selected for writing Best Teen Book
- Dr. Lux publishes essay in volume on Luther
- Dr. Poston publishes review
- A&S well represented in Class Act
- Dr. Poston contributes in Handbook of Religion
- Dr. Danaher publishes essay in Oneing
- Dr. Yu examines churches during WWI
- Dr. Poston reviews book on "The American Muhammed"
- Dr. Parker-Ames publishes research article
- Dr. Kaluka publishes paper in PNAS
- "Forgive Us" Book Event & Panel Discussion
- Browse Blog Archive>>