Nyack College Arts and Sciences News
Dr. Lang leads trip to Cold Spring Harbor DNA Lab
Dr. Damaris-Lois Lang, Assistant Professor of Biology, led a group of Nyack students in a scientific project at Cold Spring Harbor DNA Lab in Manhattan. Those who participated are enrolled in the Human Biology and Anatomy & Physiology courses.
The students extracted their own DNA and performed a human mitochondrial sequencing activity. Students amplified a small region of their own mitochondrial DNA and used the product as a template for DNA cycle sequencing. The students have the opportunity to obtain their “finished” sequence and perform computer analysis of the data using the DNALC's online bioinformatics tool Sequence Server.
For more information about Cold Spring Harbor DNA Lab:
- Dr. Arzola publishes anthology
- Alpha Chi Honor Society Rockland Chapter inducts 21 new members
- Dr. Lux publishes article on narrative theory
- Dr. Dueck publishes on religious exclusivism & diversity
- The Fine Print is Released!
- Dr. Arzola Lectures at Nyack Public Library for Poetry Month
- Dr. Romaine publishes essay in ArtWay
- Dr. Park lectures at Battery Park City Parks Conservancy
- Dr. Washington & Dr. Park Recognized as NAE Fellows
- Social Work partners with alternative-to-incarceration youth program
- Dr. Balmaceda leads discussion on mothers in prison
- Dr. Huster initiates Physics of Waves & Sound
- Dr. Arzola lectures on Pablo Neruda
- Social Work hosts "The New Jim Crow" discussion
- Dr. Danaher publishes "The Second Truth"
- Browse Blog Archive>>