Nyack College Arts and Sciences News
Dr. Maret explores psychology of masculinity
Dr. Stephen Maret, Professor of Psychology, with the Men of Letters after his talk entitled "From Wild Man to Wise Man: Richard Rohr's Psychology and Spirituality of Men."
According to Dr. Maret, Richard Rohr has devoted much of his career to the recovery of an authentic, balanced and nuanced psychology and spirituality of masculinity. This “recovery” incorporates some surprising but crucial elements, many of which are often experienced, but frequently denied or ignored. Yet it is Rohr's assertion that it is in the embrace, understanding, and living of these weaknesses that truly allows for strength, and that letting go becomes receiving fully. Dr. Maret explored these issues during his lecture.
- Dr. Yu examines churches during WWI
- Dr. Poston reviews book on "The American Muhammed"
- Dr. Parker-Ames publishes research article
- Dr. Kaluka publishes paper in PNAS
- "Forgive Us" Book Event & Panel Discussion
- Prof. McDuffie Publishes Poem
- Dr. Park leads fish survey for BioBlitz at the NY Botanical Gardens
- Student Success Serves Spring Valley Community
- Communications Senior Contributes to NyackNewsAndViews
- Dr. Washington Publishes Case Study
- Arts & Sciences Welcomes and Celebrates Student Success
- Arts & Sciences Participate in Faculty Retreat
- Dr. Yu Receives Columbia University Grant
- Adjunct D'Agusto continues art exhibitions success
- Dr. Yu Honored by Wheaton's Institute of American Evangelicals
- Browse Blog Archive>>