Nyack College Arts and Sciences News
Dr. Weir explores U.S. Presidency in September colloquium
COLLEGE OF ARTS & SCIENCES
In collaboration with the Center for Scholarship & Global Engagement
Wednesday, September 19 at 4:00pm
Shuman Hall, President’s Hall (Rockland Campus)
POTUS: The Role and Development of the American Presidency
Speaker: Dr. David Weir, Ph.D.
Since 1789 there have been 43 presidents of the United States. As we anticipate this year’s presidential election, Dr. Weir will examine the evolving role, powers, and responsibilities of the President of the United States over the course of U.S. history.
Dr. Weir is Professor of History at Nyack College and holds two Ph.D.’s, from Princeton University and University of St. Andrews.
- Dr. Poston publishes two book reviews
- Dr. Arzola publishes anthology
- Alpha Chi Honor Society Rockland Chapter inducts 21 new members
- Dr. Lux publishes article on narrative theory
- Dr. Dueck publishes on religious exclusivism & diversity
- The Fine Print is Released!
- Dr. Arzola Lectures at Nyack Public Library for Poetry Month
- Dr. Romaine publishes essay in ArtWay
- Dr. Park lectures at Battery Park City Parks Conservancy
- Dr. Washington & Dr. Park Recognized as NAE Fellows
- Social Work partners with alternative-to-incarceration youth program
- Dr. Balmaceda leads discussion on mothers in prison
- Dr. Huster initiates Physics of Waves & Sound
- Dr. Arzola lectures on Pablo Neruda
- Social Work hosts "The New Jim Crow" discussion
- Browse Blog Archive>>