Nyack College Arts and Sciences News
Dr. O'Hara lectures on 19th century women's movement
Dr. Lyndell O’Hara, Chair and Professor of the Department of History, lectures and leads walking tour on the history of women in Ocean Grove, NJ.
An article, “Ocean Grove - A 19th Century Feminist Haven,” highlights Dr. O'Hara's expertise as a scholar and provides her insights on this era. Between 1870 and 1900, Ocean Grove was both a center of the Holiness movement, which allowed women to develop as religious leaders, and a stronghold of the Women’s Christian Temperance Union.
Dr. O’Hara’s research will be the basis of an exhibit next year at the Historical Society of Ocean Grove.
For more information on the article: http://blogfinger.net/2012/08/26/ocean-grove-a-19th-century-feminist-haven/
For more information on the Historical Society: http://www.oceangrovehistory.org/
- Dr, Yu Honored by Wheaton's Institute of American Evangelicals
- Nyack to Partner with Yale's Center for Scientific Teaching
- Dr. Poston Reviews Book on Second Chinese Enlightenment
- Dr. Romaine Co-edits Art History Text
- Dr. Lux presents at American University in Paris
- 2014 Arts & Sciences Faculty Retreat Announced
- Dr. Larry Poston & Dean Poston Examine Media & Religion
- English Prof Oversees Historic Eatery
- Dr. Poston Publishes Chapter on Muslim Americans
- Adjunct D'Agusto wins Art Competition
- Social Work Student Honored at Educational Event
- 2014 A&S Faculty Awards
- Dr. Danaher interviewed on The Christian Post
- NYC Writing Center offers ALST Workshop to Education Candidates
- Dr. Poston publishes two book reviews
- Browse Blog Archive>>