Nyack College Arts and Sciences News
Dr. O'Hara lectures on 19th century women's movement
Dr. Lyndell O’Hara, Chair and Professor of the Department of History, lectures and leads walking tour on the history of women in Ocean Grove, NJ.
An article, “Ocean Grove - A 19th Century Feminist Haven,” highlights Dr. O'Hara's expertise as a scholar and provides her insights on this era. Between 1870 and 1900, Ocean Grove was both a center of the Holiness movement, which allowed women to develop as religious leaders, and a stronghold of the Women’s Christian Temperance Union.
Dr. O’Hara’s research will be the basis of an exhibit next year at the Historical Society of Ocean Grove.
For more information on the article: http://blogfinger.net/2012/08/26/ocean-grove-a-19th-century-feminist-haven/
For more information on the Historical Society: http://www.oceangrovehistory.org/
- Twenty-five Nyack College Contributors to SEA-PHAGES Research
- Dr. Poston reviews book on South Indian Cosmology
- Dr. Balmaceda publishes article in Journal of Latin American Theology
- Dr. Romaine Lectures at Mockingbird Conference
- Fourth Annual Student Research Conference
- Dr. Romaine to deliver keynote address at The Schoenhals Sumposium
- Dr. Kaluka publishes article in Biochemistry journal
- Congratulations on A&S Faculty Promotions
- Colloquium Series Features Dr. Yu
- Percie McLain joins A&S as Administrative Coordinator
- Dr. Park initiates Nyack College Fishing Club
- Dr. Yu publishes review in Sociology of Religion
- Dr. Park joins BIOL-O-GEE R.A.P. TEAM
- Division of Student Success Awarded Certification
- Dr. Poston and Pamela Code explore death, religion and science
- Browse Blog Archive>>