Nyack College Arts and Sciences News
Dr. O'Hara lectures on 19th century women's movement
Dr. Lyndell O’Hara, Chair and Professor of the Department of History, lectures and leads walking tour on the history of women in Ocean Grove, NJ.
An article, “Ocean Grove - A 19th Century Feminist Haven,” highlights Dr. O'Hara's expertise as a scholar and provides her insights on this era. Between 1870 and 1900, Ocean Grove was both a center of the Holiness movement, which allowed women to develop as religious leaders, and a stronghold of the Women’s Christian Temperance Union.
Dr. O’Hara’s research will be the basis of an exhibit next year at the Historical Society of Ocean Grove.
For more information on the article: http://blogfinger.net/2012/08/26/ocean-grove-a-19th-century-feminist-haven/
For more information on the Historical Society: http://www.oceangrovehistory.org/
- Dr. Pinkham delivers paper and publishes review
- Dr. Greaves explores Hip Hop culture in Diaspora
- Student Success adjunct selected for writing Best Teen Book
- Dr. Lux publishes essay in volume on Luther
- Dr. Poston publishes review
- A&S well represented in Class Act
- Dr. Poston contributes in Handbook of Religion
- Dr. Danaher publishes essay in Oneing
- Dr. Yu examines churches during WWI
- Dr. Poston reviews book on "The American Muhammed"
- Dr. Parker-Ames publishes research article
- Dr. Kaluka publishes paper in PNAS
- "Forgive Us" Book Event & Panel Discussion
- Prof. McDuffie Publishes Poem
- Dr. Park leads fish survey for BioBlitz at the NY Botanical Gardens
- Browse Blog Archive>>