Nyack College Arts and Sciences News
Dr. O'Hara lectures on 19th century women's movement
Dr. Lyndell O’Hara, Chair and Professor of the Department of History, lectures and leads walking tour on the history of women in Ocean Grove, NJ.
An article, “Ocean Grove - A 19th Century Feminist Haven,” highlights Dr. O'Hara's expertise as a scholar and provides her insights on this era. Between 1870 and 1900, Ocean Grove was both a center of the Holiness movement, which allowed women to develop as religious leaders, and a stronghold of the Women’s Christian Temperance Union.
Dr. O’Hara’s research will be the basis of an exhibit next year at the Historical Society of Ocean Grove.
For more information on the article: http://blogfinger.net/2012/08/26/ocean-grove-a-19th-century-feminist-haven/
For more information on the Historical Society: http://www.oceangrovehistory.org/
- Colloquium Series Features Dr. Yu
- Percie McLain joins A&S as Administrative Coordinator
- Dr. Park initiates Nyack College Fishing Club
- Dr. Yu publishes review in Sociology of Religion
- Dr. Park joins BIOL-O-GEE R.A.P. TEAM
- Division of Student Success Awarded Certification
- Dr. Poston and Pamela Code explore death, religion and science
- Dr. Pinkham delivers paper and publishes review
- Dr. Greaves explores Hip Hop culture in Diaspora
- Student Success adjunct selected for writing Best Teen Book
- Dr. Lux publishes essay in volume on Luther
- Dr. Poston publishes review
- A&S well represented in Class Act
- Dr. Poston contributes in Handbook of Religion
- Dr. Danaher publishes essay in Oneing
- Browse Blog Archive>>