Nyack College Arts and Sciences News
Dr. Lee publishes first book
Dr. Jung Hang Lee, Assistant Professor of Mathematics, publishes his first book with Lambert Academic Publishing. In Understanding North Korean Secondary School Mathematics Education, Dr. Lee examines North Korean secondary school mathematics education through a review of its social and educational structures as well as its political and ideological position.
Issues explored include ways teaching and learning are carried out in classes; the Workers’ Party’s influence on education, how teacher education, curriculum development and textbooks are issued; and the impact the March of Suffering has had on the teaching and learning of mathematics, as well as its lingering effects in secondary mathematics education seen to this day.
For more information:
- Dr. Arzola publishes anthology
- Alpha Chi Honor Society Rockland Chapter inducts 21 new members
- Dr. Lux publishes article on narrative theory
- Dr. Dueck publishes on religious exclusivism & diversity
- The Fine Print is Released!
- Dr. Arzola Lectures at Nyack Public Library for Poetry Month
- Dr. Romaine publishes essay in ArtWay
- Dr. Park lectures at Battery Park City Parks Conservancy
- Dr. Washington & Dr. Park Recognized as NAE Fellows
- Social Work partners with alternative-to-incarceration youth program
- Dr. Balmaceda leads discussion on mothers in prison
- Dr. Huster initiates Physics of Waves & Sound
- Dr. Arzola lectures on Pablo Neruda
- Social Work hosts "The New Jim Crow" discussion
- Dr. Danaher publishes "The Second Truth"
- Browse Blog Archive>>