Nyack College Arts and Sciences News
Dr. Yu examines early 20th century immigrants
Dr. K. Kale Yu, Assistant Professor of History, presented at the International Association for Mission Studies Conference in Wycliffe College, Toronto, Canada (August 15-19). This year's theme was "Migration, Human Dislocation, and the Good News: Margins as the Center in Christian Mission."
Dr. Yu's paper, “Finding God in the Margins: The Experience of Dislocated European Immigrants in America,” examines the role ethnicity and culture played in the evangelization of European-language communities in the United States, specifically German, Norwegian, and Swedish immigrants in the late nineteenth and early twentieth centuries.
For more information: https://sites.google.com/a/iams2012.org/toronto-2012/
- Division of Student Success Awarded Certification
- Dr. Poston and Pamela Code explore death, religion and science
- Dr. Pinkham delivers paper and publishes review
- Dr. Greaves explores Hip Hop culture in Diaspora
- Student Success adjunct selected for writing Best Teen Book
- Dr. Lux publishes essay in volume on Luther
- Dr. Poston publishes review
- A&S well represented in Class Act
- Dr. Poston contributes in Handbook of Religion
- Dr. Danaher publishes essay in Oneing
- Dr. Yu examines churches during WWI
- Dr. Poston reviews book on "The American Muhammed"
- Dr. Parker-Ames publishes research article
- Dr. Kaluka publishes paper in PNAS
- "Forgive Us" Book Event & Panel Discussion
- Browse Blog Archive>>