Nyack College Arts and Sciences News
Dr. Lang presents at Harvard
Dr. Damaris-Lois Y Lang, Assistant Professor of Biology, presented on the “Impact of Odors on Paternal Responsiveness and Associated Neuronal Activity in ‘Expectant’ Male Prairie Voles (Microtus ochrogaster)” at the International Journal of Arts and Science Conference held at Harvard University.
Dr. Lang’s research emphasized on how sensory cues, like odors from infants, are able to induce parental responsiveness in prairie voles. This work threw some light on how the male prairie voles exhibit increased exploratory tendencies in the presence of infant sensory cues.
For more information: http://ijasboston2012.sched.org/venues
- Division of Student Success Awarded Certification
- Dr. Poston and Pamela Code explore death, religion and science
- Dr. Pinkham delivers paper and publishes review
- Dr. Greaves explores Hip Hop culture in Diaspora
- Student Success adjunct selected for writing Best Teen Book
- Dr. Lux publishes essay in volume on Luther
- Dr. Poston publishes review
- A&S well represented in Class Act
- Dr. Poston contributes in Handbook of Religion
- Dr. Danaher publishes essay in Oneing
- Dr. Yu examines churches during WWI
- Dr. Poston reviews book on "The American Muhammed"
- Dr. Parker-Ames publishes research article
- Dr. Kaluka publishes paper in PNAS
- "Forgive Us" Book Event & Panel Discussion
- Browse Blog Archive>>