Nyack College Arts and Sciences News
Dr. Lee examines North Korean education
Dr. Jung Hang Lee, Assistant Professor of Math, presented a paper at the International Congress on Mathematical Education (ICME) conference in Seoul, Korea. ICME, held every four years, is the largest and most prominent conference in Mathematics Education. Over 4000 participants from more than 100 counties gathered. Over 1000 researchers applied for the privilege to serve as a Regular Lecture, and only 76 were selected. Dr. Lee was one of the 7 Regular Lecture representatives from the United States.
The paper, “Adjacent Schools with Infinite Distance: Narratives from North Korean Mathematics Classrooms,” addresses mathematics education in one of the most closed countries in the world, North Korea. North Korean secondary school mathematics education is examined through review of North Korea’s social and educational structures as well as its political and ideological position. One of the goals of this research was to provide a more realistic picture and background of secondary school mathematics education in North Korea.
Dr. Lee’s lecture was published 3 major newspapers (Guk Min, Dong Ah, Joong Ang), and more than 15 internet newspapers in Korea. He also provided a radio interview with “Voice of Korea” as well.
For more information: http://www.icme12.org/data/Jung%20Hang%20Lee.pdf
- Fourth Annual Student Research Conference
- Dr. Romaine to deliver keynote address at The Schoenhals Sumposium
- Dr. Kaluka publishes article in Biochemistry journal
- Congratulations on A&S Faculty Promotions
- Colloquium Series Features Dr. Yu
- Percie McLain joins A&S as Administrative Coordinator
- Dr. Park initiates Nyack College Fishing Club
- Dr. Yu publishes review in Sociology of Religion
- Dr. Park joins BIOL-O-GEE R.A.P. TEAM
- Division of Student Success Awarded Certification
- Dr. Poston and Pamela Code explore death, religion and science
- Dr. Pinkham delivers paper and publishes review
- Dr. Greaves explores Hip Hop culture in Diaspora
- Student Success adjunct selected for writing Best Teen Book
- Dr. Lux publishes essay in volume on Luther
- Browse Blog Archive>>