Nyack College Arts and Sciences News
New Bachelor of Arts in Biology!
The College of Arts and Sciences is proud to announce the Bachelor of Arts in Biology program has been approved by the New York State Education Department. Applications are being accepted for Fall 2012.
The Biology BA program is designed for students who desire a liberal arts education with a solid foundation in biology. Students are prepared for graduate study in biology or toward careers in other disciplines that require a significant background in biology. This is the first natural science degree offered by Nyack College.
“The new biology program is in keeping with the Nyack’s recent expansion in the sciences,” said Dr. Fernando Arzola Jr., dean of the College of Arts and Sciences. “The School of Nursing was established, the Computer Science program was redesigned and updated, and we have also submitted an application to NYS for an A.S. Engineering program. In addition, we hired 5 new faculty in the Division of Mathematics and Sciences - 3 in Biology, 1 in Mathematics, and 1 in Physics. Furthermore, we established a second science lab on the Rockland campus, and will have three science labs in the new New York City Campus.”
The faculty of the Department of Biology and Chemistry:
- Dr. Jacqueline Washington, Chair, earned her Ph.D. from the University of Medicine and Dentistry of New Jersey.
- Dr. Damaris Lois Y. Lang earned her Ph.D. from the Graduate Center of the City University of New York.
- Dr. Peter Park earned his Ph.D. from Stony Brook University.
- Dr. Wenbo Yan earned his Ph.D. from Rutgers University.
The mission of the College of Arts and Sciences is to provide students with a liberal arts education which will serve as a foundation for the pursuit of lifelong learning, ethical living, and a successful career. It hosts 48 full-time faculty, 18 departments, 12 baccalaureate degrees and 2 associate degrees.
For more information about the College of Arts & Sciences: http://www.nyack.edu/2012/CASExplore
- Dr. Poston examines essays on Ron Sider
- Dr. Arzola publishes anthology
- Alpha Chi Honor Society Rockland Chapter inducts 21 new members
- Dr. Lux publishes article on narrative theory
- Dr. Dueck publishes on religious exclusivism & diversity
- The Fine Print is Released!
- Dr. Arzola Lectures at Nyack Public Library for Poetry Month
- Dr. Romaine publishes essay in ArtWay
- Dr. Park lectures at Battery Park City Parks Conservancy
- Dr. Washington & Dr. Park Recognized as NAE Fellows
- Social Work partners with alternative-to-incarceration youth program
- Dr. Balmaceda leads discussion on mothers in prison
- Dr. Huster initiates Physics of Waves & Sound
- Dr. Arzola lectures on Pablo Neruda
- Social Work hosts "The New Jim Crow" discussion
- Browse Blog Archive>>