Nyack College Arts and Sciences News
Dr. Balmaceda addresses Christians in Political Science
Dr. Vilma Balmaceda, Director of the Center for Scholarship & Global Engagement and Associate Professor of Political Science, participated in the 8th Biennial Christians in Political Science Conference ""Power and Justice-Perspectives on Political Order" that took place on May 31-June 3, 2012 at Gordon College.
Dr. Balmaceda presented two papers: "Reparations for Gross Human Rights Violations: A Comparative Study on the Struggle for Justice in Argentina, Chile and Peru," in the panel on Justice; and "Christian Groups and the Challenges to Political Reconciliation in Argentina, Chile, Peru and Uruguay" in the panel on Politics of the Developing World.
She also served as discussant in the panel on Comparative Politics and led a workshop on "Thinking Biblically about Justice."
For more information on the Christians in Political Science Association visit:
- Dr, Yu Honored by Wheaton's Institute of American Evangelicals
- Nyack to Partner with Yale's Center for Scientific Teaching
- Dr. Poston Reviews Book on Second Chinese Enlightenment
- Dr. Romaine Co-edits Art History Text
- Dr. Lux presents at American University in Paris
- 2014 Arts & Sciences Faculty Retreat Announced
- Dr. Larry Poston & Dean Poston Examine Media & Religion
- English Prof Oversees Historic Eatery
- Dr. Poston Publishes Chapter on Muslim Americans
- Adjunct D'Agusto wins Art Competition
- Social Work Student Honored at Educational Event
- 2014 A&S Faculty Awards
- Dr. Danaher interviewed on The Christian Post
- NYC Writing Center offers ALST Workshop to Education Candidates
- Dr. Poston publishes two book reviews
- Browse Blog Archive>>