Nyack College Arts and Sciences News
Dr. Balmaceda addresses Christians in Political Science
Dr. Vilma Balmaceda, Director of the Center for Scholarship & Global Engagement and Associate Professor of Political Science, participated in the 8th Biennial Christians in Political Science Conference ""Power and Justice-Perspectives on Political Order" that took place on May 31-June 3, 2012 at Gordon College.
Dr. Balmaceda presented two papers: "Reparations for Gross Human Rights Violations: A Comparative Study on the Struggle for Justice in Argentina, Chile and Peru," in the panel on Justice; and "Christian Groups and the Challenges to Political Reconciliation in Argentina, Chile, Peru and Uruguay" in the panel on Politics of the Developing World.
She also served as discussant in the panel on Comparative Politics and led a workshop on "Thinking Biblically about Justice."
For more information on the Christians in Political Science Association visit:
- Dr. Poston examines essays on Ron Sider
- Dr. Arzola publishes anthology
- Alpha Chi Honor Society Rockland Chapter inducts 21 new members
- Dr. Lux publishes article on narrative theory
- Dr. Dueck publishes on religious exclusivism & diversity
- The Fine Print is Released!
- Dr. Arzola Lectures at Nyack Public Library for Poetry Month
- Dr. Romaine publishes essay in ArtWay
- Dr. Park lectures at Battery Park City Parks Conservancy
- Dr. Washington & Dr. Park Recognized as NAE Fellows
- Social Work partners with alternative-to-incarceration youth program
- Dr. Balmaceda leads discussion on mothers in prison
- Dr. Huster initiates Physics of Waves & Sound
- Dr. Arzola lectures on Pablo Neruda
- Social Work hosts "The New Jim Crow" discussion
- Browse Blog Archive>>