Nyack College Arts and Sciences News
Dr. Balmaceda addresses Christians in Political Science
Dr. Vilma Balmaceda, Director of the Center for Scholarship & Global Engagement and Associate Professor of Political Science, participated in the 8th Biennial Christians in Political Science Conference ""Power and Justice-Perspectives on Political Order" that took place on May 31-June 3, 2012 at Gordon College.
Dr. Balmaceda presented two papers: "Reparations for Gross Human Rights Violations: A Comparative Study on the Struggle for Justice in Argentina, Chile and Peru," in the panel on Justice; and "Christian Groups and the Challenges to Political Reconciliation in Argentina, Chile, Peru and Uruguay" in the panel on Politics of the Developing World.
She also served as discussant in the panel on Comparative Politics and led a workshop on "Thinking Biblically about Justice."
For more information on the Christians in Political Science Association visit:
- Dr. Yu examines churches during WWI
- Dr. Poston reviews book on "The American Muhammed"
- Dr. Parker-Ames publishes research article
- Dr. Kaluka publishes paper in PNAS
- "Forgive Us" Book Event & Panel Discussion
- Prof. McDuffie Publishes Poem
- Dr. Park leads fish survey for BioBlitz at the NY Botanical Gardens
- Student Success Serves Spring Valley Community
- Communications Senior Contributes to NyackNewsAndViews
- Dr. Washington Publishes Case Study
- Arts & Sciences Welcomes and Celebrates Student Success
- Arts & Sciences Participate in Faculty Retreat
- Dr. Yu Receives Columbia University Grant
- Adjunct D'Agusto continues art exhibitions success
- Dr. Yu Honored by Wheaton's Institute of American Evangelicals
- Browse Blog Archive>>