Nyack College Arts and Sciences News
Dr. Lux honored by Men of Letters
In recognition of her dedication to teaching, mentoring, scholarship, and contribution of time and talents to Nyack College students, Dr. Elaine Lux, Professor of English, was awarded the Men of Letters 2012 Professor of the Year.
Mr. Kyle Swann was also awarded the Men of Letters 2012 Man of the Year, in recognition of his leadership, commitment to the membership, 3.9 GPA, selection as valedictorian, and contribution of time and talents to the Nyack College community.
The winners were selected by the Men of Letters members who recognize Dr. Lux and Mr. Swann as embodying the organizations' core values of Brotherhood, Scholarship & Ethics.
Also present at the dinner were previous/upcoming speakers and supporters: Dr. James Danaher (Philosophy), Rev. Charles Hammond (Student Life), Prof. Denise Hirschlein (Psychology), Dr. Stephen Maret (Psychology), Prof. Darlene Pinkerton (Communications), and Dr. Kevin Pinkham (English).
Prof. Hirshlein served as keynote speaker inspiring the membership on the topic, "Critical Thinking and the Masculine Journey."
Dr. Lux shared thoughts, scripture and two poems/devotionals. She also dedicated the following acrostic to the membership:
May this mind be in you,
Enriching and enlivening you
Now and evermore,
Of Christ, the author and
Finisher of your faith.
Live awake to the moment...
Taking time to breathe in and out gratitude,
Time to replenish your life, love,
Energy, and joy.
Recognize eternity in the moment;
Savor your savior who has set you free to be.
Men of Letters is a student organization for men in the literary society tradition at Nyack College, NYC Campus. Its purpose is to develop the ethical and intellectual excellence of its members and their fellow brothers
For more pictures of the Men of Letters End-of-Year celebration:
- Dr. Poston reviews book on South Indian Cosmology
- Dr. Balmaceda publishes article in Journal of Latin American Theology
- Dr. Romaine Lectures at Mockingbird Conference
- Fourth Annual Student Research Conference
- Dr. Romaine to deliver keynote address at The Schoenhals Sumposium
- Dr. Kaluka publishes article in Biochemistry journal
- Congratulations on A&S Faculty Promotions
- Colloquium Series Features Dr. Yu
- Percie McLain joins A&S as Administrative Coordinator
- Dr. Park initiates Nyack College Fishing Club
- Dr. Yu publishes review in Sociology of Religion
- Dr. Park joins BIOL-O-GEE R.A.P. TEAM
- Division of Student Success Awarded Certification
- Dr. Poston and Pamela Code explore death, religion and science
- Dr. Pinkham delivers paper and publishes review
- Browse Blog Archive>>