Nyack College Arts and Sciences News
Dr. Greaves addresses African and African American topics
Dr. Sharron Greaves, Chair of the Department of Communications, presented four papers on African and African Amercian topics:
“English, Igbo, Yoruba and Hausa-Fulani: Multiple Language Accounts of Nigerian Culture via Nollywood Film” at the African Languages in the Disciplines Conference, Harvard University, April 20, 2012.
For more information: http://www.alp.fas.harvard.edu/ald
“Of Girth and Guts: Interrogating the Revivification of the “Big Mama” Caricature on Contemporary Stages and Screens” at the 14th Annual Women's History Conference: Women, The Arts and Activism at Sarah Lawrence College, March 3, 2012.
For more information: http://www.slc.edu/graduate/programs/womens-history/conference/schedule.html
“Strife, Survival, and Celebration: Twenty Years of Fires and Festivals in Crown Heights” at the Brooklyn Aesthetics Conference, St. Francis College, April 21, 2012.
For more information:
“Blue or Green?: The Bluest Eye, an Example of Adaptation for Edification vs. Dissemination for Profit” at the 35th Annual New Jersey College English Association, April 14, 2012.
For more information: http://njcea.org/conference/program2012.pdf
- Dr. Kaluka publishes article in Biochemistry journal
- Congratulations on A&S Faculty Promotions
- Colloquium Series Features Dr. Yu
- Percie McLain joins A&S as Administrative Coordinator
- Dr. Park initiates Nyack College Fishing Club
- Dr. Yu publishes review in Sociology of Religion
- Dr. Park joins BIOL-O-GEE R.A.P. TEAM
- Division of Student Success Awarded Certification
- Dr. Poston and Pamela Code explore death, religion and science
- Dr. Pinkham delivers paper and publishes review
- Dr. Greaves explores Hip Hop culture in Diaspora
- Student Success adjunct selected for writing Best Teen Book
- Dr. Lux publishes essay in volume on Luther
- Dr. Poston publishes review
- A&S well represented in Class Act
- Browse Blog Archive>>