Nyack College Arts and Sciences News
Dr. Danaher examines the problem of evil
Dr. James Danaher, Chair and Professor of Philosophy, publishes "The Problem of Evil from a Gospel Perspective" in the Evangelical Review of Theology, Apr 2012 Vol 36 No 2.
According to the editors, "Evil is a constant companion in this life so James Danaher urges us to consider it from a gospel perspective. ‘Jesus [did] not come into the world to destroy evil and suffering, but to show us how we can transform evil and suffering and therein be made evermore into God’s forgiving and loving likeness.’ This too is an important perspective for a world that is rent by violence and hatred."
For more information:
- Dr. Lux publishes essay in volume on Luther
- Dr. Poston publishes review
- A&S well represented in Class Act
- Dr. Poston contributes in Handbook of Religion
- Dr. Danaher publishes essay in Oneing
- Dr. Yu examines churches during WWI
- Dr. Poston reviews book on "The American Muhammed"
- Dr. Parker-Ames publishes research article
- Dr. Kaluka publishes paper in PNAS
- "Forgive Us" Book Event & Panel Discussion
- Prof. McDuffie Publishes Poem
- Dr. Park leads fish survey for BioBlitz at the NY Botanical Gardens
- Student Success Serves Spring Valley Community
- Communications Senior Contributes to NyackNewsAndViews
- Dr. Washington Publishes Case Study
- Browse Blog Archive>>