Nyack College Arts and Sciences News
Thomas Turner addresses ethical eating
Thomas Turner, Adjunct Lecturer in English, addresses men of Letters on Thursday, April 19, 2012.
Title: Being Stewards of Creation: A Christian Vision of Ethical Eating
Description: If we are to take our call to be stewards of Creation seriously, Christians need to re-think how we buy, eat and grow food. Looking at the recent work of Norman Wirzba and Wendell Berry, Turner will argue that food is an integral part of Christian spirituality and needs to be approached as a way we glorify God.
Men of Letters: Men of Letters is a student organization for men in the literary society tradition. The purpose of Men of Letters is to promote the development of ethical and intellectual excellence in its members and their fellow brothers. This will be done primarily through lectures and discussion on culture, current events and the liberal arts. It is sponsored by the College of Arts and Sciences.
For more information: www.facebook.com/NyackCollegeMenofLetters
- Fourth Annual Student Research Conference
- Dr. Romaine to deliver keynote address at The Schoenhals Sumposium
- Dr. Kaluka publishes article in Biochemistry journal
- Congratulations on A&S Faculty Promotions
- Colloquium Series Features Dr. Yu
- Percie McLain joins A&S as Administrative Coordinator
- Dr. Park initiates Nyack College Fishing Club
- Dr. Yu publishes review in Sociology of Religion
- Dr. Park joins BIOL-O-GEE R.A.P. TEAM
- Division of Student Success Awarded Certification
- Dr. Poston and Pamela Code explore death, religion and science
- Dr. Pinkham delivers paper and publishes review
- Dr. Greaves explores Hip Hop culture in Diaspora
- Student Success adjunct selected for writing Best Teen Book
- Dr. Lux publishes essay in volume on Luther
- Browse Blog Archive>>