Nyack College Arts and Sciences News
Thomas Turner addresses ethical eating
Thomas Turner, Adjunct Lecturer in English, addresses men of Letters on Thursday, April 19, 2012.
Title: Being Stewards of Creation: A Christian Vision of Ethical Eating
Description: If we are to take our call to be stewards of Creation seriously, Christians need to re-think how we buy, eat and grow food. Looking at the recent work of Norman Wirzba and Wendell Berry, Turner will argue that food is an integral part of Christian spirituality and needs to be approached as a way we glorify God.
Men of Letters: Men of Letters is a student organization for men in the literary society tradition. The purpose of Men of Letters is to promote the development of ethical and intellectual excellence in its members and their fellow brothers. This will be done primarily through lectures and discussion on culture, current events and the liberal arts. It is sponsored by the College of Arts and Sciences.
For more information: www.facebook.com/NyackCollegeMenofLetters
- Dr. Danaher publishes essay in Oneing
- Dr. Yu examines churches during WWI
- Dr. Poston reviews book on "The American Muhammed"
- Dr. Parker-Ames publishes research article
- Dr. Kaluka publishes paper in PNAS
- "Forgive Us" Book Event & Panel Discussion
- Prof. McDuffie Publishes Poem
- Dr. Park leads fish survey for BioBlitz at the NY Botanical Gardens
- Student Success Serves Spring Valley Community
- Communications Senior Contributes to NyackNewsAndViews
- Dr. Washington Publishes Case Study
- Arts & Sciences Welcomes and Celebrates Student Success
- Arts & Sciences Participate in Faculty Retreat
- Dr. Yu Receives Columbia University Grant
- Adjunct D'Agusto continues art exhibitions success
- Browse Blog Archive>>