Nyack College Arts and Sciences News
Thomas Turner addresses ethical eating
Thomas Turner, Adjunct Lecturer in English, addresses men of Letters on Thursday, April 19, 2012.
Title: Being Stewards of Creation: A Christian Vision of Ethical Eating
Description: If we are to take our call to be stewards of Creation seriously, Christians need to re-think how we buy, eat and grow food. Looking at the recent work of Norman Wirzba and Wendell Berry, Turner will argue that food is an integral part of Christian spirituality and needs to be approached as a way we glorify God.
Men of Letters: Men of Letters is a student organization for men in the literary society tradition. The purpose of Men of Letters is to promote the development of ethical and intellectual excellence in its members and their fellow brothers. This will be done primarily through lectures and discussion on culture, current events and the liberal arts. It is sponsored by the College of Arts and Sciences.
For more information: www.facebook.com/NyackCollegeMenofLetters
- Dr. Arzola publishes anthology
- Alpha Chi Honor Society Rockland Chapter inducts 21 new members
- Dr. Lux publishes article on narrative theory
- Dr. Dueck publishes on religious exclusivism & diversity
- The Fine Print is Released!
- Dr. Arzola Lectures at Nyack Public Library for Poetry Month
- Dr. Romaine publishes essay in ArtWay
- Dr. Park lectures at Battery Park City Parks Conservancy
- Dr. Washington & Dr. Park Recognized as NAE Fellows
- Social Work partners with alternative-to-incarceration youth program
- Dr. Balmaceda leads discussion on mothers in prison
- Dr. Huster initiates Physics of Waves & Sound
- Dr. Arzola lectures on Pablo Neruda
- Social Work hosts "The New Jim Crow" discussion
- Dr. Danaher publishes "The Second Truth"
- Browse Blog Archive>>