Nyack College Arts and Sciences News
Dr. Pinkham examines science fiction as spiritual path
Dr. Kevin Pinkham, Assistant Professor of English, addresses Men of Letters on Thursday, March 22, 2012.
Title: We Are Not Alone: Walking a Spiritual Path through Science Fiction
Description: Science Fiction asks many of the same questions as religion: What does it mean to be human? How should we interact with the Other? What is the meaning of life? Dr. Pinkham will show how Science Fiction has the potential to deeply enhance our own spiritual journey through its interaction with big philosophical questions.
Men of Letters: Men of Letters is a student organization for men in the literary society tradition. The purpose of Men of Letters is to promote the development of ethical and intellectual excellence in its members and their fellow brothers. This will be done primarily through lectures and discussion on culture, current events and the liberal arts. It is sponsored by the College of Arts and Sciences.
For more information: www.facebook.com/NyackCollegeMenofLetters
- Division of Student Success Awarded Certification
- Dr. Poston and Pamela Code explore death, religion and science
- Dr. Pinkham delivers paper and publishes review
- Dr. Greaves explores Hip Hop culture in Diaspora
- Student Success adjunct selected for writing Best Teen Book
- Dr. Lux publishes essay in volume on Luther
- Dr. Poston publishes review
- A&S well represented in Class Act
- Dr. Poston contributes in Handbook of Religion
- Dr. Danaher publishes essay in Oneing
- Dr. Yu examines churches during WWI
- Dr. Poston reviews book on "The American Muhammed"
- Dr. Parker-Ames publishes research article
- Dr. Kaluka publishes paper in PNAS
- "Forgive Us" Book Event & Panel Discussion
- Browse Blog Archive>>