Nyack College Arts and Sciences News
Dr. Washington and Dr. Park are judges in Pfizer exhibition
Dr. Jacqueline Washington, Chair and Professor of Biology and Dr. Peter Park, Assistant Professor of Biology participated as judges at the 26th annual Science, Inventions and Technology Exhibition held Sunday, March 25th at Pfizer Pharmaceuticals in Pearl River, NY.
Held annually since 1986, S/I/T is the only Rockland county-wide science fair and hosts approximately 350 students from grades 5 through 12. Students have the opportunity to actively demonstrate what they have learned and develop life skills which will help prepare them for the workforce and higher education.
The S/I/T Exhibition seeks to foster student interest in science, invention, and technology; provide an opportunity for students to actively demonstrate what they are learning in those fields; encourage students to expand and apply their learning beyond the classroom; and develop students’ life skills as they prepare for the workforce and higher education; through the collaborative efforts of the business and educational community.
For more information: http://www.sitfair.org/index.php
- Dr. Park leads fish survey for BioBlitz at the NY Botanical Gardens
- Student Success Serves Spring Valley Community
- Communications Senior Contributes to NyackNewsAndViews
- Dr. Washington Publishes Case Study
- Arts & Sciences Welcomes and Celebrates Student Success
- Arts & Sciences Participate in Faculty Retreat
- Dr. Yu Receives Columbia University Grant
- Adjunct D'Agusto continues art exhibitions success
- Dr. Yu Honored by Wheaton's Institute of American Evangelicals
- Nyack to Partner with Yale's Center for Scientific Teaching
- Dr. Poston Reviews Book on Second Chinese Enlightenment
- Dr. Romaine Co-edits Art History Text
- Dr. Lux presents at American University in Paris
- 2014 Arts & Sciences Faculty Retreat Announced
- Dr. Larry Poston & Dean Poston Examine Media & Religion
- Browse Blog Archive>>