Nyack College Arts and Sciences News
Dr. Washington and Dr. Park are judges in Pfizer exhibition
Dr. Jacqueline Washington, Chair and Professor of Biology and Dr. Peter Park, Assistant Professor of Biology participated as judges at the 26th annual Science, Inventions and Technology Exhibition held Sunday, March 25th at Pfizer Pharmaceuticals in Pearl River, NY.
Held annually since 1986, S/I/T is the only Rockland county-wide science fair and hosts approximately 350 students from grades 5 through 12. Students have the opportunity to actively demonstrate what they have learned and develop life skills which will help prepare them for the workforce and higher education.
The S/I/T Exhibition seeks to foster student interest in science, invention, and technology; provide an opportunity for students to actively demonstrate what they are learning in those fields; encourage students to expand and apply their learning beyond the classroom; and develop students’ life skills as they prepare for the workforce and higher education; through the collaborative efforts of the business and educational community.
For more information: http://www.sitfair.org/index.php
- Dr. Arzola publishes anthology
- Alpha Chi Honor Society Rockland Chapter inducts 21 new members
- Dr. Lux publishes article on narrative theory
- Dr. Dueck publishes on religious exclusivism & diversity
- The Fine Print is Released!
- Dr. Arzola Lectures at Nyack Public Library for Poetry Month
- Dr. Romaine publishes essay in ArtWay
- Dr. Park lectures at Battery Park City Parks Conservancy
- Dr. Washington & Dr. Park Recognized as NAE Fellows
- Social Work partners with alternative-to-incarceration youth program
- Dr. Balmaceda leads discussion on mothers in prison
- Dr. Huster initiates Physics of Waves & Sound
- Dr. Arzola lectures on Pablo Neruda
- Social Work hosts "The New Jim Crow" discussion
- Dr. Danaher publishes "The Second Truth"
- Browse Blog Archive>>