Nyack College Arts and Sciences News
Dr. Balmaceda April speaker at Nyack Library
The Nyack Library will host another Nyack College professor in its new Spring Lecture Series on Monday, April 23 at 12:00pm.
The Nyack Library is located in downtown Nyack, 59 South Broadway, Nyack, NY.
"Restorative Justice: Confronting the Limitations of the Criminal Justice System," will be the topic addressed by Dr. Vilma Balmaceda, director of Nyack College's Center for Scholarship and Global Engagement. The lecture series is presented in the library's Community/Meeting Room.
Dr. Balmaceda specializes in the areas of comparative politics of Latin America; international human rights law, and conflict resolution and peacebuilding. She earned her Ph.D. in political science at University of Notre Dame du Lac, where she also earned an MA in government and international studies and an MA in international peace studies. Her undergraduate degree in law was earned at Pontifical Catholic University of Peru.
For more information on the lectures, contact the library at 845.358.3370 or visit www.nyacklibrary.org.
- Dr. Washington Publishes Case Study
- Arts & Sciences Welcomes and Celebrates Student Success
- Arts & Sciences Participate in Faculty Retreat
- Dr. Yu Receives Columbia University Grant
- Adjunct D'Agusto continues art exhibitions success
- Dr. Yu Honored by Wheaton's Institute of American Evangelicals
- Nyack to Partner with Yale's Center for Scientific Teaching
- Dr. Poston Reviews Book on Second Chinese Enlightenment
- Dr. Romaine Co-edits Art History Text
- Dr. Lux presents at American University in Paris
- 2014 Arts & Sciences Faculty Retreat Announced
- Dr. Larry Poston & Dean Poston Examine Media & Religion
- English Prof Oversees Historic Eatery
- Dr. Poston Publishes Chapter on Muslim Americans
- Adjunct D'Agusto wins Art Competition
- Browse Blog Archive>>