Nyack College Arts and Sciences News
Fine Arts Gala
On Tuesday evening, March 6, 2012, student editors – Audrey King and Elizabeth Kendrex – and advisor Dr. Jonathan Gates, Chair of the Department of English, hosted the first gala and awards ceremony for art and photography entries to be published in the 2012 Fine Print, Nyack’s journal of literature and art. In addition to the opportunity to view the student’s creative work on display, professional photographer and adjunct professor of photography at Nyack College, Mr. Andres Valenzuela, Adjunct Lecturer, discussed the four essential elements of his creative process and illustrated his insights with photographs from his personal collection.
We invite members of the Nyack community to attend awards chapel on April 18, 2012 to learn of the complete list of Fine Print award winners and observe the unveiling of the 2012 edition.
- Dr. Poston examines essays on Ron Sider
- Dr. Arzola publishes anthology
- Alpha Chi Honor Society Rockland Chapter inducts 21 new members
- Dr. Lux publishes article on narrative theory
- Dr. Dueck publishes on religious exclusivism & diversity
- The Fine Print is Released!
- Dr. Arzola Lectures at Nyack Public Library for Poetry Month
- Dr. Romaine publishes essay in ArtWay
- Dr. Park lectures at Battery Park City Parks Conservancy
- Dr. Washington & Dr. Park Recognized as NAE Fellows
- Social Work partners with alternative-to-incarceration youth program
- Dr. Balmaceda leads discussion on mothers in prison
- Dr. Huster initiates Physics of Waves & Sound
- Dr. Arzola lectures on Pablo Neruda
- Social Work hosts "The New Jim Crow" discussion
- Browse Blog Archive>>