Nyack College Arts and Sciences News
Fine Arts Gala
On Tuesday evening, March 6, 2012, student editors – Audrey King and Elizabeth Kendrex – and advisor Dr. Jonathan Gates, Chair of the Department of English, hosted the first gala and awards ceremony for art and photography entries to be published in the 2012 Fine Print, Nyack’s journal of literature and art. In addition to the opportunity to view the student’s creative work on display, professional photographer and adjunct professor of photography at Nyack College, Mr. Andres Valenzuela, Adjunct Lecturer, discussed the four essential elements of his creative process and illustrated his insights with photographs from his personal collection.
We invite members of the Nyack community to attend awards chapel on April 18, 2012 to learn of the complete list of Fine Print award winners and observe the unveiling of the 2012 edition.
- Dr. Pinkham delivers paper and publishes review
- Dr. Greaves explores Hip Hop culture in Diaspora
- Student Success adjunct selected for writing Best Teen Book
- Dr. Lux publishes essay in volume on Luther
- Dr. Poston publishes review
- A&S well represented in Class Act
- Dr. Poston contributes in Handbook of Religion
- Dr. Danaher publishes essay in Oneing
- Dr. Yu examines churches during WWI
- Dr. Poston reviews book on "The American Muhammed"
- Dr. Parker-Ames publishes research article
- Dr. Kaluka publishes paper in PNAS
- "Forgive Us" Book Event & Panel Discussion
- Prof. McDuffie Publishes Poem
- Dr. Park leads fish survey for BioBlitz at the NY Botanical Gardens
- Browse Blog Archive>>