Nyack College Arts and Sciences News
1st Annual Student Research Conference
The Nyack College Department of Biology & Chemistry in collaboration with the Center for Scholarship and Global Engagement will be hosting the first annual Student Research Conference on Thursday, March 29th 10-4pm. The theme for this year is “Health and Awareness.”
Plenaries will be given by Dr. David H. Freed, President and CEO of Nyack Hospital and Dr. Mark Wade, Founder and President of Arise and Walk Ministries, whose mission is to equip churches with the healthcare personnel, expertise and resources necessary to provide healthcare excellence.
The conference gives students the opportunity to present their scholarly research through posters to the campus community and obtain feedback from faculty, staff and peers.
10:00 am - Opening and Welcome
10:10 am - 11:00 am Plenary: David H. Freed, DHA, President and CEO Nyack Hospital
11:00 am - 12:00 pm Poster Session 1
12:00 pm - 1:00 pm Lunch
1:00 am - 2:00 pm Plenary: Dr. Mark Wade, Founder and President, Arise and Walk Ministries
2:00 pm - 3:00 pm Poster Session 2
3:00 pm - 3:45 pm Panel Discussion: Eugenics and the Impact on Society
3:45 pm - 4:00 pm Award Ceremony and Closing
Dr. Jacqueline Washington is Chair of the Department of Biology & Chemistry. Dr. Vilma Balmaceda is Director of the Center for Scholarship and Global Engagement.
- Dr. Arzola publishes anthology
- Alpha Chi Honor Society Rockland Chapter inducts 21 new members
- Dr. Lux publishes article on narrative theory
- Dr. Dueck publishes on religious exclusivism & diversity
- The Fine Print is Released!
- Dr. Arzola Lectures at Nyack Public Library for Poetry Month
- Dr. Romaine publishes essay in ArtWay
- Dr. Park lectures at Battery Park City Parks Conservancy
- Dr. Washington & Dr. Park Recognized as NAE Fellows
- Social Work partners with alternative-to-incarceration youth program
- Dr. Balmaceda leads discussion on mothers in prison
- Dr. Huster initiates Physics of Waves & Sound
- Dr. Arzola lectures on Pablo Neruda
- Social Work hosts "The New Jim Crow" discussion
- Dr. Danaher publishes "The Second Truth"
- Browse Blog Archive>>