Nyack College Arts and Sciences News
1st Annual Student Research Conference
The Nyack College Department of Biology & Chemistry in collaboration with the Center for Scholarship and Global Engagement will be hosting the first annual Student Research Conference on Thursday, March 29th 10-4pm. The theme for this year is “Health and Awareness.”
Plenaries will be given by Dr. David H. Freed, President and CEO of Nyack Hospital and Dr. Mark Wade, Founder and President of Arise and Walk Ministries, whose mission is to equip churches with the healthcare personnel, expertise and resources necessary to provide healthcare excellence.
The conference gives students the opportunity to present their scholarly research through posters to the campus community and obtain feedback from faculty, staff and peers.
10:00 am - Opening and Welcome
10:10 am - 11:00 am Plenary: David H. Freed, DHA, President and CEO Nyack Hospital
11:00 am - 12:00 pm Poster Session 1
12:00 pm - 1:00 pm Lunch
1:00 am - 2:00 pm Plenary: Dr. Mark Wade, Founder and President, Arise and Walk Ministries
2:00 pm - 3:00 pm Poster Session 2
3:00 pm - 3:45 pm Panel Discussion: Eugenics and the Impact on Society
3:45 pm - 4:00 pm Award Ceremony and Closing
Dr. Jacqueline Washington is Chair of the Department of Biology & Chemistry. Dr. Vilma Balmaceda is Director of the Center for Scholarship and Global Engagement.
- Dr. Pinkham delivers paper and publishes review
- Dr. Greaves explores Hip Hop culture in Diaspora
- Student Success adjunct selected for writing Best Teen Book
- Dr. Lux publishes essay in volume on Luther
- Dr. Poston publishes review
- A&S well represented in Class Act
- Dr. Poston contributes in Handbook of Religion
- Dr. Danaher publishes essay in Oneing
- Dr. Yu examines churches during WWI
- Dr. Poston reviews book on "The American Muhammed"
- Dr. Parker-Ames publishes research article
- Dr. Kaluka publishes paper in PNAS
- "Forgive Us" Book Event & Panel Discussion
- Prof. McDuffie Publishes Poem
- Dr. Park leads fish survey for BioBlitz at the NY Botanical Gardens
- Browse Blog Archive>>