Nyack College Arts and Sciences News
Philosophy Department hosts Peter Rollins
To Believe is Human – to Doubt, Divine
Peter Rollins, Ph.D.
Tuesday, March 6, 2012
11:10am – Innovation in Philosophy and Theology (Shuman, President's Hall)
3:45pm – Christ and the Grotesque: Getting the Cosmic Joke (Shuman, President's Hall)
Peter Rollins is a widely sought after writer, lecturer, storyteller and public speaker. He is also the founder of ikon, a faith group that has gained an international reputation for blending live music, visual imagery, soundscapes, theatre, ritual and reflection to create what they call ‘transformance art’.
Peter gained his higher education from Queens University, Belfast and has earned degrees (with distinction) in Scholastic Philosophy (BA Hons), Political Theory (MA) and Post-Structural thought (PhD). He is currently a research associate with the Irish School of Ecumenics in Trinity College, Dublin and is the author of the much talked about How (Not) to Speak of God. His most recent work is entitled Insurrection. He was born in Belfast but currently resides in Greenwich, CT and is employed by The Olson Foundation.
For more information on Peter Rollins: http://peterrollins.net
Sponsored by the College of Arts and Sciences and the College of Bible and Christan Ministry
- Dr. Lux publishes essay in volume on Luther
- Dr. Poston publishes review
- A&S well represented in Class Act
- Dr. Poston contributes in Handbook of Religion
- Dr. Danaher publishes essay in Oneing
- Dr. Yu examines churches during WWI
- Dr. Poston reviews book on "The American Muhammed"
- Dr. Parker-Ames publishes research article
- Dr. Kaluka publishes paper in PNAS
- "Forgive Us" Book Event & Panel Discussion
- Prof. McDuffie Publishes Poem
- Dr. Park leads fish survey for BioBlitz at the NY Botanical Gardens
- Student Success Serves Spring Valley Community
- Communications Senior Contributes to NyackNewsAndViews
- Dr. Washington Publishes Case Study
- Browse Blog Archive>>